• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help finding a website with accurate price data for raw NM Copper/Moderns?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi.  I usually dont visit the Copper or Bronze sections since my collection is mainly Silver and Gold.   But Ive got all these longboxes of modern stuff I was buying every week for decades, too.  Stuff I bought at LCSs from the 80s up through 2012, and stored nicely, many hardly read.  So let's say average solid NM raw. (graded? who knows?)   

Is there an online site, a large dealer perhaps, where I can look up these issues one by one and get a realistic market value for this stuff raw?  Preferably one I can search pretty easily for individual issues, not just Title by Title? (Batman and Spidey would entail a lot of scrolling!)  Ive tried MyComicsShop which is good, but too many "out of stock issues without prices. What about GoCollect?  Or is one of the many online subscription-based  "MyComicCollection" sites like Shortboxed an accurate source for pricing this stuff?  Key Collector Comics says they do this, but they point to too many keys "of the future", meaning not worth much yet -- and, I think their prices are not very accurate, kinda like Overstreet.

Key for this effort is completeness, every issue not just the keys. Although pointing me to locate any in-demand issues in my runs is a must as well.  I have all the Overstreet pricing handy as a reference, now I want to drill down to REAL market pricing too.

Appreciate any help or leads to this data somewhere!  thank you.

Edited by Aman619

On 10/21/2024 at 11:06 PM, Aman619 said:

well...  I get the feeling Im not alone!  there IS no place on the internet to get this info, short of checking every site and coming up with a number  anyone have some ideas?

Yeah, lots of sources have pricing for these books, but pricing that actually reflects the current market? Good luck.

MCS is usually my starting place to check but they aren't perfect for the task (though they aren't trying to be, unlike others) and, as you mentioned, they don't have everything in stock.

thanx for the ideas.  

I played with EBAY Complete and Sold and this looks promising!

This the url when I searched for:
       batman   "#385"   -detective   -lot   -pages,  sorted low to high
        https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%3D%3Dbatman+%22%23385%22+-detective+-lot++-pages&_sacat=259104&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_sop=15

This gets only 19 listings.  pretty good.  Using limiters (-lot and -detective and -pages) I eliminated another 16 partial hits.

I'm looking to create a system with my database where I "concatenate" a url that opens a page with JUST that issue, using my data fields like title, issue and maybe grade.  A true one-click solution.  With this url template, I can insert other titles and issues and limiters... I'll keep testing title by title and get a better feel for the limits of this approach, see how many excess limiters Ineed to weed out for each title.  "Batman 352" was delivering a lot of Detective Comics 352s!

Already I see prices vary from 3.98 to 19,00, probably depending on grade. (Most dont say a grade)  This will slow it down cause some are low grade and others in nice shape. but probably not all listings will be scanned well etc for cheap filler books. and clicking to load listings and open scans will be too much work.