• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Startling. Stories, March 1950
2 2

7 posts in this topic

2.5 give or take. I'm not real confident on pulp grading but that ballpark feels right. My impression is that wear and tear on pulp cover overhang is graded more gently than on comics, but these are longer tears so I think less of a pass.

Also, the FC edges look trimmed to me.

Cover presents pretty well (and that's what people chase this issue for, always a desirable issue), but the wrap is coming away from the spine.  Pencil mark next to her face might be as big of a turn-off for some as the edge tears.  Nice page color, supple pages. Nice back cover.  I agree with Point Five, the front cover edges could be trimmed (particularly that top edge).

Foggy's got it right in pulp terminology as Good +, 2.5.  With the cover wrap pulling away at the top of the spine I wouldn't call it "Solid Good."  Wouldn't slab it, if selling it might fetch more than the technical grade :691460725_armsraised:

Nice book no matter what.