• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four OMNIBUS

9 posts in this topic

Anybody else out there pick up the Fantastic Four Omnibus?It's (ahem) FANTASTIC!! It contains reprints of the first 30 issues of the F.F. and ALL the letters columns.It also has several forwards by individuals who were integral in the continued history of the fabulous foursome.One that was particularly entertaining was by Paul Gambaccini(sp?),who started writing letters early on.It was interesting to read what became of him over the years.He initially hated the F.F. and his first letter stated that it was the worst comic out.I was very impressed with the faithfulness to the original colouring,although they did miss the boat on a couple of the covers.I love my copy and no one can accuse me of not working out enough now,as it must weigh 17,000 lbs.!!! sumo.gifHighly recommended !GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I picked it up from Bender's Books in beautiful downtown Phoebus,Virginia.It retails at $ 100 dollars,but Dave the owner allowed me to apply $50 trade towards the purchase.The ISBN # is 0-7851-1870-5 and has two cover versions,one with F.F. # 1 and one with an Alex Ross cover(limited I believe).It may have been solicited in the Previews catalog.If you're ever in the southeast Virginia area I would HIGHLY recommend a visit.It would take a good part of a day to go through his floor stock and in the warehouse in back he probably has several hundred thousand more comics and magazines.The phone # is 757-723-3741.I remember telling him one day that I had always wanted a Superman # 76 and he pulled a VF/NM copy from under the counter 893whatthe.gif and offered it for $700.I started making time payments but fell behind and he let me apply my payments to another purchase.He is truly one of my favorite people in the world.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

P.S. His selection of gold and early silver is not quite as awsome as it once was but he still pulls off some amazing hat tricks from time to time.

where did you get it from and how much did it cost?

There's some for sale on eBay. Here's a couple with scans (not my auctions):

http://cgi.ebay.com/FANTASTIC-FOUR-OMNIB...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-FANTASTIC-FOUR-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

Got mine (Alex Ross variant edition) from Chapters in Canada for about US$70.

Great book and format (although you don't want to drop this one on the floor!)

I look forward to Uncanny X-Men Omnibus (reprints X-Men #94-131 + GS #1)...but I hope they will publish a FF Omnibus #2 893crossfingers-thumb.gif