• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: ASM Pence and Canadian priced copies

18 posts in this topic

Got any? PM me with list, grades, and prices.

Check my website , (which is on my sigline, anyway).

There are hundreds, nay thousands, of pence copies of 60s/70s Marvels on the site, in most grades, including ASM 1 up, etc.etc.

If the book is graded above VG and doesn't state "cents" after the entry, then it's a pence copy. If it's below VG, email to check...

Here's a link to the Amazing Spider-Man first page - numbers 4, 7,8,9,10 are available in VF for way below what a cents copy would cost, plus there's a 13 in VF-, 14 FN-, 15 FN+, etc.

Tell me if I am wrong, but I always assumed that the Canadian issues were the exact same as the American issues (with the Canadian prices written smaller and below the American price). If this is not the case I have a load of Canadian issues.
The Canadian issues are the ones with only the Canadian price. For example, it will show 75 cents whereas the US version will show a 60 cent cover price with the Canadian and UK prices below.

Tell me if I am wrong, but I always assumed that the Canadian issues were the exact same as the American issues (with the Canadian prices written smaller and below the American price). If this is not the case I have a load of Canadian issues.
The Canadian issues are the ones with only the Canadian price. For example, it will show 75 cents whereas the US version will show a 60 cent cover price with the Canadian and UK prices below.

Does that rule apply to Silver and early Bronze Age books?

The US & CAN dollar were on par back then.... gossip.gif

The US & CAN dollar were on par back then.... gossip.gif

Like I'm supposed to know that. tongue.gif

That is interesting, though...

Don't you have a pile of ASM pence copies? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, a large amount of 'em.

I just assumed that there may have been a difference in price between the U.S. and Canada at the time. Now that you mention it, I've never seen any Canadian price stamps on U.S. comics from the Silver and Bronze Age...so I guess that I'm friggin' stoopid not to have worked that one out. crazy.gifshy.gif

Yep. I just assumed that there may have been a difference in price between the U.S. and Canada at the time. Now that you mention it, I've never seen any Canadian price stamps on U.S. comics from the Silver and Bronze Age...so I guess that I'm friggin' stoopid not to have worked that one out. crazy.gifshy.gif

Um...have you PM'd the originator of this thread?(see subject line poke2.gif)

Yep. I just assumed that there may have been a difference in price between the U.S. and Canada at the time. Now that you mention it, I've never seen any Canadian price stamps on U.S. comics from the Silver and Bronze Age...so I guess that I'm friggin' stoopid not to have worked that one out. crazy.gifshy.gif

foreheadslap.gif Should've laid off the Xmas booze...

27_laughing.gif Just stepped into my 3rd Corona as "The Joker" by Steve Miller came on the stereo... cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif Just stepped into my 3rd Corona as "The Joker" by Steve Miller came on the stereo... cloud9.gif

Now that's the spirit of Xmas past, and present... thumbsup2.gif