• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arctic Comic and Cards on Ebay They have raised their prices to the insane level

32 posts in this topic

They had books listed at 10 dollars just a few days ago in Gem Mint condition today I checked and they are now 50 bucks and better! Some are 90 and better.

Their Batman 400 is at 250 bucks!!!

What J. O. 's!

I would love to meet these guys in person and kick their butts just for being such .

They had books listed at 10 dollars just a few days ago in Gem Mint condition today I checked and they are now 50 bucks and better! Some are 90 and better.

What J. O. 's!

I would love to meet these guys in person and kick their butts just for being such .

Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Ron? makepoint.gif

What J. O. 's!

confused-smiley-013.gif

What J. O. 's!

confused-smiley-013.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

What J. O. 's!

confused-smiley-013.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

What J. O. 's!

confused-smiley-013.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

What J. O. 's!

confused-smiley-013.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Someone posted this auction awhile ago but now it has gotten much better as far as price.

Wait till you see this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6544227972

This desciption is too funny.

Note that the Overstreet Price Guide goes up to only NM- 9.2 but this book is a NM 9.4 book. In addition, the prices in the Overstreet Price Guide for Adventure 247 and Brave and Bold 28 are not correct for what they are selling in auctions. While completed sales on eBay often include rare books for prices well below Overstreet, those books are usually ones that look better than they are as a photo but they are really worthless when you see them physically.Generally, if a price sounds too good to be true, it is.

It really sounds like This is Spinal Tap.

Arctics grades go to 11.

Ronm -

these jokers have a right to list whatever they want for whatever they want. you have the right not to buy the junk, as does everyone else. as far as i can tell, people tend not to exercise their right to buy this overpriced stuff.

there are plenty of people selling stuff on ebay for relatively low prices. i would not worry too much about a few dopes listing things for many multiples of what anyone would pay.

all i'm saying is don't get too bent out of shape over this. if you look around, you could probably spend 10 hours a day posting links to sellers who have their stuff at wacky prices. heck, I have a few golden age slabbed books I'd like to sell for more than guide, does that make me a bad person?

Love,

The Blob

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Joyous Kwanza, Happy New Year...

Ronm -

these jokers have a right to list whatever they want for whatever they want. you have the right not to buy the junk, as does everyone else. as far as i can tell, people tend not to exercise their right to buy this overpriced stuff.

there are plenty of people selling stuff on ebay for relatively low prices. i would not worry too much about a few dopes listing things for many multiples of what anyone would pay.

all i'm saying is don't get too bent out of shape over this. if you look around, you could probably spend 10 hours a day posting links to sellers who have their stuff at wacky prices. heck, I have a few golden age slabbed books I'd like to sell for more than guide, does that make me a bad person?

Love,

The Blob

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Joyous Kwanza, Happy New Year...

Boy ain't you a fun Blob? I agree, the dude can ask what he wants, but it sure is fun watchin' 27_laughing.gif

It is the deceitful advertising that should bother anyone concerned about the hobby. As evidenced by arcticcomicsandcds other sales, he is getting top dollar due to his misleading claims. If articcomicsandcds truly believes his book is a 9.4, he need not crop the photo and add statements such as “on first impression …” Several of his raw book sales were advertised as 10.0 books. He sold a Batman 373 for $68. He advertised the book as “Jul 84 GM 10.0 Two copies; Price lists each one single copy only. Check out the listing for the MT 9.9 copy with a slightly lower price.” Based on the small cropped photo, it would be difficult to tell what condition the book is but it is doubtful the book is a 10. I know there are those who believe the buyer deserves what he gets if he does not do his/her homework prior to buying but I do not subscribe to that point of view.

Are they really worse than...

Wig's Comics ?

When I need a good laugh, I can always count on Wig's. foreheadslap.gif

Looking over that first page of comics... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm... if someone had a gun to my head and was forcing me to buy one... I'd have to go with either the 5.5 X-Men 94 for $350.00 or the 9.0 Defenders 1 for $300.00 foreheadslap.gif

Is it any wonder I left the state of Oregon? foreheadslap.gif

Twice? foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif