• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scam More Fun Comics 56?

16 posts in this topic

I saw this item on ebay and quickly identified it as the copy I sold in a Heritage Auction about two years ago. It was a CGC 9.0. I am curious if anyone on the boards knows who this seller is. I am not sure if the seller bought the book from Heritage and cracked it out, or if it is a scam. He added a picture of the books he is selling, but the More Fun 56 is buried under the other comics.

More Fun Comics 56 on Ebay

This seller buys, sells, watches a lot of coin auctions. I can't find anything to do with comic books in his Ebay history. I don't know what that means, but it seems a little strange that he's in "foreclosure" with his recent history of buying coins. Maybe he's an Ebay addict? Or just full of [embarrassing lack of self control].

You know, at the beginning of this year, I remember a scammer running loads of bogus GA & SA auctions, and he was using this exact same stolen image of More Fun 56 (which he called a "Near Mint -") as well as scans of other high-end books (pre-hero Adventure, 9.6 SA ASMs, etc). He even posted similar faraway pics of a few GA books lying around as "evidence" that he owned the books. 27_laughing.gif There was an extended discussion here on the boards as his auctions drew to a close. The ebay account was different, but everything else is identical so I'm sure it's the same guy. Anyone else remember this?

Was the high bidder on the Showcase#9. After he asked for payment, I asked why he was running an auction with a stolen scan. He then asked for payment again. He even left me negative feedback for not paying him.

This guy is Aaron Stubbs. Sound familiar. He is the person who stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Colorado Dept of Revenue. Does the IRS collection sound familiar?

Steve