• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man To Be Reprinted in Sunday Comics

62 posts in this topic

14 episodes of Spider-man vs 83 episodes of Hulk.

It looks like Spider-man is the one who was "owned". poke2.gif

The Spider-man series must have really sucked because I've never heard of it in any of the thousands of threads I've read on these boards, but the Hulk TV series has been mentioned numerous times.

I had honestly never heard mention of it anywhere.

Norrin it was better than the Green Hornet.

If I was to list the best superhero TV shows it might look like this.

1 Hulk

2 Superman (50's)

3 Batman (60's)

4 Smallville

5 Greatest American Hero

6 Wonder Woman

7 Spiderman

8 Flash

9 Lois & Clark

10 ...........

20 Green Hornet ---And perhaps the Six Million Dollar Man could be thrown in there somewhere.

Okay, the Spider-Man television show was only slightly better than having nonething. And that's only slightly.

As previously mentioned, it might have had more appeal if it had some recognizable villians.

The special effects were horrible. You could actually see the metal cable pulling the actor as he raced up the wall. 27_laughing.gif

The costume, well, bad at best. sleeping.gif

But when it's all you had, you couldn't complain. cloud9.gif

Okay, the Spider-Man television show was only slightly better than having nonething. And that's only slightly.

As previously mentioned, it might have had more appeal if it had some recognizable villians.

The special effects were horrible. You could actually see the metal cable pulling the actor as he raced up the wall. 27_laughing.gif

spidermanpic.jpg

peter.jpg

It depended how old you were at the time. I was 15 when I saw the show, and I thought it was embarrassingly bad - SFX aside, the -script and acting were pretty grim. The Hulk series, although not particularly good (very repetitive, and equally lame in the SFX department) was at least watchable.

Yes, I was a little younger. It was proabably good at the time, but gets worse as I look back.

The actor who played Peter Parker, Nicholas Hammond, if I recall correctly, was also one of the children in the Sound of Music. Can't watch that movie without thinking Spidey. grin.gif

The actor who played Peter Parker, Nicholas Hammond, if I recall correctly, was also one of the children in the Sound of Music.

That's what I first thought of when I saw the Spidey TV show.. "Hey, thats the guy from The Sound of Music!". Weird. 27_laughing.gif

Norrin it was better than the Green Hornet.

If I was to list the best superhero TV shows it might look like this.

1 Hulk

2 Superman (50's)

3 Batman (60's)

4 Smallville

5 Greatest American Hero

6 Wonder Woman

7 Spiderman

8 Flash

9 Lois & Clark

10 ...........

20 Green Hornet ---And perhaps the Six Million Dollar Man could be thrown in there somewhere.

You only put Smallville at no. 4?

It depended how old you were at the time. I was 15 when I saw the show, and I thought it was embarrassingly bad - SFX aside, the -script and acting were pretty grim. The Hulk series, although not particularly good (very repetitive, and equally lame in the SFX department) was at least watchable.

well, some of us were a lot younger and were easily impressed cloud9.gif

You only put Smallville at no. 4?
Yeah, it's not set in stone, but the hulk was very popular.

I wasn't alive during the Superman show but it was also very popular....(He even appeared on I love Lucy).

The 1960's batman show was very popular and filled with recognizable guest villians from hollywood, in spite of people cringing in disbelief nowadays at all the lame dialogue.

Smallville is in good company. Please remember, your mileage may vary. thumbsup2.gif

The 1960's batman show was very popular and filled with recognizable guest villians from hollywood, in spite of people cringing in disbelief nowadays at all the lame dialogue.

Jesus, the entire show was a comedy/satire, and it was funny then and still is today. Totally tongue-in-cheek mayhem that really poked fun at the pure stupidity of the comic character genre.

Complaining about Batman's cringe-factor for comics book geeks is like a cop watching Police Squad and harping that Drebin failed to follow procedures. foreheadslap.gif

Complaining about Batman's cringe-factor for comics book geeks is like a cop watching Police Squad and harping that Drebin failed to follow procedures. foreheadslap.gif

Arch! This is the perfect custom title for JC.

Jesus, the entire show was a comedy/satire, and it was funny then and still is today. Totally tongue-in-cheek mayhem that really poked fun at the pure stupidity of the comic character genre.

I'm not sure but I think you are agreeing with me in some manner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was younger and could tell it was bad. Stopped watching after a couple of episodes. Hulk was merely OK. Wonder Woman was probably the best of the bunch...but barely...

Jim

I'm not sure but I think you are agreeing with me in some manner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, not at all.

The ONLY reason to "cringe in disbelief at the lame dialogue" is if you think (or want to believe) it's actually being played straight. Obviously it's not, and the TV show has a definite kitsch appeal, and is quite enjoyable even today.

The only people I've ever met that hate the 1960's Batman show, and for that same reason, are comic book fanboys who dislike seeing the genre being satirized, and somehow feel that the show is almost sacreligious against their chosen comic book religion. screwy.gif

But the general public loved it in the 60's, and the reruns still bring them in today.

Complaining about Batman's cringe-factor for comics book geeks is like a cop watching Police Squad and harping that Drebin failed to follow procedures. The only people I've ever met that hate the 1960's Batman show, and for that same reason, are comic book fanboys who dislike seeing the genre being satirized, and somehow feel that the show is almost sacreligious against their chosen comic book religion.

I know, I know, I'm crazy for wanting one of the seminal comic book characters to be properly introduced to the next generation of young readers. What a zany thought.

It's amusing that you go from ridiculing "comic geeks" for not liking the campy Batman TV show because it didn't present the character correctly to angrily complaining about newspapers not presenting the Spider-Man character correctly. I hope for your sake you are being intentionally ironic, but I kinda doubt it. 27_laughing.gif