• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Film Finally

77 posts in this topic

The FF movie isn't available for rent at the local video store. It's either buy the movie...or not... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

Jim, if you are stationed anywhere in Asia (Korea?) buy the pirated $1 DVD copies yay.gif

They're $5...and I may have to. I originally thought it would be cheaper to rent it and was waiting, in vein apparently, until one turned up on the rental racks.

$5?! That's outrageous! Those Korean pirates are... are.. a bunch of crooks! 27_laughing.gif

Aren't we all geeks?
I'm not a geek.

I would have responded to this thread sooner but I was busy arranging my comics in reverse chronological order.

You're right. A geek would have arranged the comics in alphabetical order (the Vulcan alphabet, that is).

$5?! That's outrageous! Those Korean pirates are... are.. a bunch of crooks! 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif But it's still cheaper than paying the theater. And the transfers are really nice. Saw Kong 10 days after release in the comfort of my living room... cloud9.gif

Jim

The FF movie isn't available for rent at the local video store. It's either buy the movie...or not... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This incredible movie would be a bargain at even twice the purchase price!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

gotta admit that i love this guys droll musings.................. grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

Aren't we all geeks?

If being a geek = being a fan, then so be it sumo.gif

After all, we are all adults buying and talking about funny books for crying out loud, there is a little "geek" in all of us.

After all, we are all adults buying and talking about funny books for crying out loud, there is a little "geek" in all of us.

Agreed, but there is a long gradient at work, starting with someone like me and then ending up with Newt wearing a Ewok costume, standing in line to see Phantom Menace, and arguing over who is the most powertful Jedi.

Agreed, but there is a long gradient at work, starting with someone like me and then ending up with Newt wearing a Ewok costume, standing in line to see Phantom Menace, and arguing over who is the most powertful Jedi.

So in other words you're at the cool end of the geek spectrum. wink.gif

So in other words you're at the cool end of the geek spectrum. wink.gif

"Cool" is relative and an opinion...

A better word is "acceptable"...

Jim

Jim

Jim, if you are stationed anywhere in Asia (Korea?) buy the pirated $1 DVD copies yay.gif

But don't turn a free USPS Priority box inside out and use it to mail comics, that's wrong.

yeahok.gif

Jim

But don't turn a free USPS Priority box inside out and use it to mail comics, that's wrong.

yeahok.gif

confused.gif

Jim

yeahok.gif

confused.gif

USPS boxes are supposed to be used for domestic priority service. However, some people turn it inside out and use it for sending to others, both domestic and foreign. 893whatthe.gif

My 4 year old loved the movie, we have watched it 5 times already. Its easy to pick apart these movies but I try not to. Art, comics, music, poetry is in the eye of the beholder. Its much easier to write and draw something then to make it into a movie. I admitt that there was some dull points and questionable storline flaws but hey its a comic movie. It was decent and the special effects was awesome. The tourch was wicked.

It could have been better but it could have been alot worst. At least its a movie I can watch with my 4 year old and enjoy.

Thats what I am getting at. At least we can watch it together, it beats the hell out of Bob the builder etc...

My 4 year old loved the movie, we have watched it 5 times already.

Hey, if I was 4 years old I'd probably think it rocked too. But I'm not.