• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me grade Sensation 90 please!

58 posts in this topic

I have to go to the dentist, so I need some cash! This means I have to sell one of my GA books. I've picked Sensation Comics 90 because it's good-looking and a very difficult book to find in any grade. And this is a nice copy.

There are two small tears, one of the right side (less than 1/4 inch), one on the bottom (approx. 1/4 inch). There's a sun shadow on the very top right. There is a slight stacking/spine roll and the centerfold is loose. That's the bad news. What I love about this copy are the inks. They are intense -- the interior inks are extremely bright with major saturation. Although cream around the edges, the bulk of each page is off-white to white. The staples are rust free and the cover secure.

Here are front and back scans:

WW 90 front

WW 90 back

Help me grade it, please!

-- Joanna

Wow Joanna! That is a really nice book! Given it's age, I'd say a 7.0. Even in the scan you can tell the colors are extremely bright. It has great eye appeal for a GA book. Don't sell it!

Chris

I don't want to, Chris, but I'm in a major bind financially. And it's such a beautiful looking book, I thought it would sell. I broke a tooth and need to get to the dentist. It had to happen when the rent is due! argh.

You guys! You guys are too much, both of you. You're so sweet. This may sound strange, but please don't bid unless you want the book, because I'd hate to see anyone spend all that money on something they didn't care about. But if you do want it, then I'll be very excited to know it's going to a good home.

One note, if you're new to Wonder Woman -- the art is by H. G. Peter and the story by Robert Khaniger (Marston died in '47, and this is dated '49). So if you're looking for his 'kinkiness' it's not there. However, it's still a good story, and the Wildcat and Lady Danger stories are top notch, as well. Wildcat is by Sheldon Mayer, as I recall.

-- Joanna

Not only that, but getting this from a person who actually wrote a few Wonder Woman stories would make this very special for me. Don't you worry - I really want the book. smile.gif

Sorry, hhkkpp $117.50?

NOT ENOUGH - TRY AGAIN. tongue.gif

(Hey, this is fun.) grin.gif

I'd bid, but I only want to pay by check... grin.gif

I have lots of Sensation buyers. People should stop shilling this book, it will go to a nice home. BTW, Joanna, if you have any of the "romance" Sensations, let me know.

I'm looking for Sensation 94-106, the "all-girl" issues. If you've got a copy of 94, the first "all girl" issue, 99, first Astra, Girl of the Future, or 100, you can get a crown at the dentist.