• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battlestar Galactica

589 posts in this topic

New episodes start 1/6! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So what's gonna happen? grin.gif

Somebody please bump the old thread by Deathlock(?) or just start posting here.

============================================================

I started a new thread since I can't find any threads with posts on them older than 30 days (12/1) now. Somebody know how to change one's setting to fix this? Search is basicly unless for me too. frown.gif

My wife's already warming up the VCR... smirk.gif

Jim

I bought a DVD recorder for myself for Christmas for two reasons:

1)The Sabres look like they could go deep into play-offs this year!

2) Battlestar Galactica!

yay.gif

Battlestar Galactica is awesome.

When the first mini-series came out I was a little hesitant to watch because of the gender change of some of the key characters. However, I have become accustomed to it and really enjoy the new spin on the old series.

One thing that does bother me about the series is how quickly they seem to be approaching Earth.

When the first mini-series came out I was a little hesitant to watch because of the gender change of some of the key characters. However, I have become accustomed to it and really enjoy the new spin on the old series.

One thing that does bother me about the series is how quickly they seem to be approaching Earth.

Fear of cancellation? All great shows seemed to meet untimely deaths. Maybe they want to leave themselves open to end it if need be. The original BSG only lasted like a season so who knows.

At Big Apple comic/scifi convention in November, I asked Richard Hatch if there was anything interesting coming up in the series. He didn't give any specific info but said there are some great episodes coming up this season, which they were just finishing shooting at the time. And he seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the episodes, not just repeating his obligated PR line. He also said that his character would have a continuing story line into next season in response to my question.

Hatch was really nice and seemed happy to be there talking to fans, in contrast to Carrie Fisher who didn't make eye contact or respond to friendly attempts at conversation and generally looked miserable.

You think when they find earth will it be in "our time", or:

Middle Ages?

1800s?

World War II?

Future?

confused-smiley-013.gif

You think when they find earth will it be in "our time", or:

Middle Ages?

1800s?

World War II?

Future?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I could swear they alluded to a time frame in actual Earth's history when BG takes place. Could be wrong though.

There will be no discovery of Earth.

RM has indicated a couple times that he doesn't like that idea.

They're quite a distance from Earth to begin with based on what Apollo mentioned in the Kobol tomb... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Fear of cancellation? All great shows seemed to meet untimely deaths. Maybe they want to leave themselves open to end it if need be. The original BSG only lasted like a season so who knows.

Actually, the first series had two seasons.. Well, like one and a third. The second season, which really sucked. Showed BG getting to Earth and had about 15 episodes The show takes place roughly 15 years later. Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict weren't in it though. Two other guys were. The BG gets to Earth and they have some episodes where the BG kids had like "super powers" compared to the Earth kids. Like being stronger and able to jump really high. They also had the two main characters have flying motorcycles, complete with little wings and they wore the Viper pilot helmets as their motorcycle helmets. There is suppose to be an episode where Starbuck (Dirk Benedict) shows up after being stranded/lost on a planet with a cylon warrior for years ala "Enemy Mine". He gets killed in the same episode doing something heroic. Yeah, it was terrible. I barely recall most of it but check on the net and there are a couple of sites talking about it..

If they kill off Helo, I'm gonna be seriously annoyed. Possibly more than getting ripped off at ebay. lol

I'm surprised he's made it this far.

* He's served his purpose in the storyline by getting Boomer II united with the main crew (and pregnant)

* He's redundant to Apollo in the 'square-jawed fighter' role.

But, if you're an example of his fan base, maybe the producers will have no choice but to keep him around. confused-smiley-013.gif