• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Namora 9.8 (Vancouver) Heritage auction

33 posts in this topic

Yowsa!!!

10K is far too low. sumo.gif

What do you think? Twice that?

The interior art on that book is killer post-war Everett. And the way he draws Namora ...

i say there will be a bidding war between 2 people and it will go for 12k.

If it were a Mile High it would go for more.

If it were any other time of the year but now it would go for more.

I agree, but this is one of the few times I can say with any confidence that the Mile High copy has been surpassed. It is truly a sad state of affairs that folks would pay more just because of a pedigree title.

i say there will be a bidding war between 2 people and it will go for 12k.

If it were a Mile High it would go for more.

If it were any other time of the year but now it would go for more.

I agree, but this is one of the few times I can say with any confidence that the Mile High copy has been surpassed. It is truly a sad state of affairs that folks would pay more just because of a pedigree title.

If it's any consolation that's less true than it was before when the only information some dealers would give on a "Mile high" was the pedigree designation. Of course, paying more for the number on the label is something else entirely.

Of course, I'm one of those people who would pay more for a Church copy, so what do I know...

First thread on this subject

Second thread on this subject

NIce to see that the guy is breaking the collection up, after telling me several times he wouldn't be. mad.gif I wanted the 7.5 Fairy Tale Parade 1 that he had.

As I've understood it the owner is Steve Geppi who bought the collection intact from Chris Bell.

First thread on this subject

Second thread on this subject

NIce to see that the guy is breaking the collection up, after telling me several times he wouldn't be. mad.gif I wanted the 7.5 Fairy Tale Parade 1 that he had.

As I've understood it the owner is Steve Geppi who bought the collection intact from Chris Bell.

Yes, Chris Bell told me that it was sold to Geppi for around $500K. Can't confirm the sale price though.

What I'm wondering is what effect will this book will have on the Carson City copy that is available in the same auction.That one looks to be a VERY solid 9.0.I still regret trading my raw fine copy a few years ago foreheadslap.gif.I think that's probably the book I regret getting rid of most of all.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

why would Geppi sell his books on Heritage, doesn't he own Hakes auciton house? Why give up the juice?

It's clear that Geppi is selling books through Hake's now that he owns it.

Geppi's decisions on when/how he buys/sells comics have always been a mystery to me but that won't stop me from speculating. yay.gif Perhaps he has a really good deal with Heritage, which has an established reputation with comics? Maybe he's obligated to give them a certain amount of business or have the seller fees raised on books he's already sold through them?