• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your complaints with the local comic shops

43 posts in this topic

This is more of a lamentation than a complaint. Neither my LCS in Wilmington nor any other store nearby in Northern Delaware, Philly, or the Philly suburbs gets new collections of mid to high grade Silver, Atom, or Golden age. Nowadays, anyone with such material sells it on E-Bay or a consignment internet site. I really miss being able to find hidden NM/M gems among the many bins, or getting a sneak peak at the high end books in the backroom, which now are barren.

Basically, the LCS is good for the newest OS, TPBs, and lower grade silver age readers (especially for my 13 year old). Those, and on rare occasions, a Bronze high grade book that isn't overpriced.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmm... never been to Bullseye... always frequented Zapp comics (mostly because I'm friends with Ben) -- I would suggest you also check them out (they are in the same area). Also check out JC Comics in N. Plainfield NJ -- if you are driving that far, mind as well check out a bunch of stores. They all fit the mold.

There is a LCS near Wayne, N.J. called Bullseye Comics. The owner Joe is an excellant guy and he offers comics that are well-graded and fairly priced. I would recomend a visit to this store to any forum member. It is well worth the "ride". It takes me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get there!!!!

Packing up the dog and heading to boise. That's south right?

I know a lot of people lament about lack of NM's for their new comic purchases. My LCS even pulls my books first and picks the best copies. Sometimes, with the way they are packed it doesn't matter, but I usually get the best one available. And...cover price variants of DC's, if I want 'em.