• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picture Stories from the Bible (DC/EC)

7 posts in this topic

I'm currently trying to piece together a visual catalog of the various editions and printings of Picture Stories from the Bible.

The current page can be found here: Picture Stories from the Bible.

If anyone has an edition not depicted on the page I would kindly ask that they post scans of the front and back covers to this thread so I can include them the next time I update the page. Identifying the various editions/printings has always been one of those annoying little things with me and I'm finally getting around to doing something about it and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Giff

Hi Giff, we've just been through a complete recategorization of this title as we were all over the place with respects to printings, publishers, etc. It seems that even CGC have got some of the printings/publisher details incorrect for some of these, so it added to the headache of sorting through them insane.gif.

Fantastic you've bothered to do this though thumbsup2.gif - took us a whole day to go through the sales we had and categorize them correctly tonofbricks.gif

Will you be leaving this page up permanently - definately something we would revisit from time to time.

Regards

George

I don't know if this will help or not,but www.heritagecomics.com has several of the Gaines File copies of various editions up for auction.I believe that I remember reading once that these were Bill's father's file copies but I can't verify the information.Might make for some nice images on your site.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

The visual guide has been updated (new addition to the Complete Old Testament section).

And after thinking about it I am now classifying the Complete Old Testament Edition printings based on the printing data found on the back cover. So if it shows stats for the 1st through 3rd printings I am calling that printing the 3rd (previously I was indicating that it was showing data for prior printings without any reason behind it which would make it a 4th printing showing stats for the 1st through 3rd printings).

I'm not certain which is correct, but as this material was being reprinted from the earlier single issues it does not seem that far-fetched of an idea that they knew what the print run would be for the Complete Edition in advance and printed that information on the back cover.

So unless someone has any evidence to the contrary I'm going with the highest printing stat on the back as indicating the printing for that particular book.