• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new overstreet guide...

50 posts in this topic

DCBS had them at 50% off. It will be my first guide in 4(?) years.

What a great deal, I never heard of this site until someone posted it yesterday. I ordered the Big Book and Grading Guide.

Where is the guide on the site?

Do a search for "Overstreet" and it will pop up with the Grading Guide and last years guide. The product code is JAN063058.

That is a special edition, not the regular guide. I am looking for the standard Volume 36. I do not see it there.

This year’s guide:

84% irrelevant pricing "information"

10% stale adds

5% reprinted collecting "information"

1% "new" (four months old) market reports

If it was $9.95 I'd consider it. Anything more then that is throwing good money after bad.

sign-funnypost.gif

Too true!

I heard that the top price will now be changed to 9.0 this year....

If this is true, amazing. Ignoring the move to go digital aka gpanalysis and now this? Might as well be blank pages for my son to scribble on.

It's not true.

Aman619 popped a vein in his forehead when they went from 9.4 to 9.2 for the top grade, and is still a bit sore at them. I think he had a miscarriage years ago when they dropped the Mint designation.

If this is true, amazing. Ignoring the move to go digital aka gpanalysis and now this? Might as well be blank pages for my son to scribble on.

Why the 893censored-thumb.gif would they do that?

9.2s don't go for xxxxx guide unless they are rare GA or major SA keys.

That's about 0.00001% of the comics people buy! foreheadslap.gif

It's not true.

Aman619 popped a vein in his forehead when they went from 9.4 to 9.2 for the top grade, and is still a bit sore at them. I think he had a miscarriage years ago when they dropped the Mint designation.

So it's not true?

Can one trust a BHD...? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

...Damn,...2006 edition already,??...and here I'm still waiting for my advance 2004 edition to be delivered,...did anyone get theirs yet?.... confused.gif
hi.gif

...Damn,...2006 edition already,??...and here I'm still waiting for my advance 2004 edition to be delivered,...did anyone get theirs yet?.... confused.gif
hi.gif
foreheadslap.gif
yay.gif

no, Sterling, that was just an inside joke for Blob and Dwarf!! sorry to anyone who believed it. The change to 9.0 isnt scheduled for another couple years!

no, Sterling, that was just an inside joke for Blob and Dwarf!! sorry to anyone who believed it. The change to 9.0 isnt scheduled for another couple years!

When does putting less information in the guide provide more value? Might as well make it a color by numbers book from where I'm sitting. Looks like an attempt to stay out of the high grade market and only provide fundamental baseline numbers for books in grade where it has been more stable.

Never mind me though, I obsess too much.

Has anyone found the normal edition?
confused.gif

The one that is not the special edition that is on DCBS I mean.

That's not a special edition, it is the Big Big Edition.

Since April is a long way off, there aren't many sellers for the Os yet. I did see some selling pre-orders for around $20 for the 36th edition. That will be your best bet this early in the year.