• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony's Collectibles

6 posts in this topic

Have any of you done business with him? I'm interested in several pages on his site and was wondering if he entertains offers or are his prices firm?

He entertains offers, as do pretty much all dealers (and collectors, for that matter). Shoot him an email with a counteroffer; my guess is you'll probably be able to work something out.

Best,

I bought a page from him at a recent Big Apple Con and he gave me a good deal (think it was $50 off the listed price for a sub-$200 piece).

Cool. I'm looking at several ~$100 pieces. Maybe buying a few pieces will garner a little discount. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Have any of you done business with him? I'm interested in several pages on his site and was wondering if he entertains offers or are his prices firm?

I tried exploring a trade deal with him several years ago, and found the experience comparable to banging my head against a brick wall.

He had the cover to SGT. FURY # 36 by Ayers available in his trade section. I offered him my SGT. FURY # 43 cover, along with a Sienkiewicz cover, SPIDER-WOMAN # 15, as a trade. At first Anthony told me I was too late, as his cover was spoken for. Several months later, he still had the cover available, so I upped my trade offer. From Anthony's e-mails (which contained very few words), I got the impression my offers needed more artwork adding to them.

Realistically, I was offering him a replacement (large art) SGT FURY cover, by the same artist and same time-frame, along with a Sienciewics cover and some Silver Age Marvel (interior) pages. Anthony would have had the potential to boost profits out of my trade offer - but this wasn't good enough for him, so I let the talks end there.

Fast forward a few months, I got ahold of some nice Romita ASM pages. Anthony got wind of this and quickly e-mailed me to say I now had the type of trade material he could do a deal against.

I subsequently traded the Romita pages to Mike Burkey for a Kirby cover and an EC cover. Doing deals with Mike Burkey kind of restored my faith in human nature after the head-banging experience with Anthony.

There's a moral to this story, somewhere - go figure! wink.gif