• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damnit man another [!@#%^&^] restored book I have to return??? X-men #28/hulk 11

18 posts in this topic

Got these books from superworld comics...........this was bought as a supposed NM+ I think Its a 9.2/9.4

perfect spine, superb gloss,no stress.OW to white pages nice corners some stuff going on on the bottom and top of the cover though,

but obvious cover trim? ,maybe? Im in denial seeing this jaggedness on the top of the cover........[!@#%^&^] hack job ?? trimmed.jpg

best-28.JPG

this red scribble is suppose to be a date stampconfused.gif theres also a production crease on the upper right corner and 2 of the same on the back

let me know what the damage to the grade is??confused.gif

hulk-112.JPG

If its any consolation, that little red guy hitting his little red headbody against the wall, looks cute. smile.gif

I feel your pain. frown.gif

Bug, can ya' make the guy feel any better?

How 'bout a few back & forths between you and greggy? That always put a smile on my face. grin.gif

Ok, so if I'm reading into your post, your maybe suggesting that this guy has a more serious problem? confused.gif

So, Titan, I guess things could be worse? smirk.gif

Thanks Bug. grin.gif

Are we making you feel any better? frown.gif

It's possible he's mistaking a "spine roll" for what I think of as a "spine curve". A spine roll is when you fold back the front pages of a comic to read it, whereas a "spine curve" occurs when you stack a bunch of comics up in a pile all facing the same direction. Stacking comics like that always leads to the spines stacking higher than the rest of the book since the staples and beginning of the fold is there, and it often leads to the spines from comics in the stack "curving" upwards. This is easy to correct with undetectable pressing.

I would buy it raw unless I cant get my money back then thats a different story, as for the spine it has that unpressed look, plump spine with just a sprinkle of sine curve .......just a touch, nothing serious. tongue.gif

It's possible he's mistaking a "spine roll" for what I think of as a "spine curve".

I think you be right. I see the curve.

I like to think of myself as ahead of the curve... 893offtopic1.gif