• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC grade just a cover?

8 posts in this topic

Recently I came across a cover from STRANGE TALES #110 among my comic stuff. I remember it getting detached from the comic. I no longer have the comic. I think I gave it to some kid that needed it. To bad I didn't have the cover with it at the time, I'd a given him that too. Now I'm wondering if I should try and sell this cover as is. Or have it graded.

Any suggestions?

Recently I came across a cover from STRANGE TALES #110 among my comic stuff. I remember it getting detached from the comic. I no longer have the comic. I think I gave it to some kid that needed it. To bad I didn't have the cover with it at the time, I'd a given him that too. Now I'm wondering if I should try and sell this cover as is. Or have it graded.

Any suggestions?

You can grade the cover, but it'd be a bit pointless, as Stronguy said. The only time a portion of a comic (say the cover, or the centerfold) is worth slabbing is if it's part of a truly rare or historic comic that commands big money. ST 110 is a key, but in average grade is very common. You'd lose money if you certified the page.

Will CGC grade just a cover?

No.

They will slab it and confirm there is no restoration however.

I'll give ya $2 for it. insane.gif

I'll give ya $2 for it.

Add $3.85 for Priority Postage and its yours.

Got some other cheap stuff that can fit into that envelope?

Especially a Ultimates 2 issue 7. gossip.gif

Go to PM if you want. flowerred.gif