• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This was advertised as a VF-. What would you grade it at?

31 posts in this topic

I emailed him over a week ago asking for a partial refund if I keep the book...... No response.

I emailed him on Tuesday again and asked for a full refund.

Today he replied...

"FIRST YOU ASK FOR A PARTIAL REFUND,THEN A FULL REFUND. SOUND LIKE YOUR TRYING TO MAKE A LITTLE MORE PROFIT ON YOUR RESALE"

screwy.gif

it's a nice 6.5...is there interior flaws or something?! otherwise it isn't such an ebay horrible overgraded experience...

regards

I love the comic (my first EC) and the page quality is very nice (OWW), so I'll keep it.

Norinn, you will grow old waiting for email replies from those guys. For what it's worth, I think the best bet is to call the phone # in their auctions. It's a pain, but that's how I got a refund from them. I think they're more likely to give you a refund to get rid of you if they know you're going to keep calling.

I dunno, it doesn't seem grossly overgraded. I'd say it's about a 6.5.

Structurally, I agree . . . but the obvious fading that October points out, kills it for me sorry.gif

5.5 sumo.gif

I'd just as soon have edge chipping 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Norinn, you will grow old waiting for email replies from those guys. For what it's worth, I think the best bet is to call the phone # in their auctions. It's a pain, but that's how I got a refund from them. I think they're more likely to give you a refund to get rid of you if they know you're going to keep calling.

I'm not holding my breath. I love the comic and had been looking for a mid-grade copy for two months without success. So I'm quite happy to keep it even if I did overpay a bit.

It's my first EC horror comic and it has opened up a whole new area of collecting/reading that I hadn't really considered before. smile.gif

Cool! Welcome to the world of golden age comics. I remember that same excitement of discovery, and in fact I still feel that way all these years later. Once you go GA, you won't go back! yay.gif