• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alias

8 posts in this topic

Well....based upon board recommendations and my local shop, I finally picked up this series. Actually, I picked up the TPB which reprints #1-9. Pretty good read. I'm hoping the next few trades come out quickly so I can add this to my subcription.

Interested to find out exactly what Jessica's powers are (does she just have super-strength?) and what happened that kept her from staying an Avenger. I know Bendis (briefly) touched on it, but I am interested to find out more.

I'm kind of up in the air about the artwork, but the story is good enough that doesn't matter too much.

Pretty good hommage to the "Private " genre, but not as good as Azzarello's Milo Garrett or Johnny Double (man, does that guy have the Chandler-esque style down or what!!!!!)

Chris

Interested to find out exactly what Jessica's powers are

Actually one of the main reasons I like this book is because it has stayed away from the whole super-power thing. To see how Jessica struggles with civilian life is the real appeal here and it would be a mistake to revert to super-hero type IMO.

I totally agree with you. I didn't say I wanted her to use her powers or them to become a focus of the book. I'm just interested in what powers she does possess and why she chose to not be a "super-hero" anymore.

I've only read 9 issues, so I can't really comment on much yet. But I will continue to read it as I have found it interesting so far.

Chris