• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your proudest modern book thread!

64 posts in this topic

I see these thread all the time in silver bronze and golden age forums but never in modern, so here it is, come on guys show off scans/photos of your most proud modern book here!

edit: got aorund to adding some of mine, ultimate spider-man is what got me started with comics so it's still, and always will be my favourite smile.gif

dsc001476ff.th.jpg

dsc001482cp.th.jpg

issue one variants, all 9.6, three CGC and one PGX smile.gif

anything special about that FF book, is it a key or something? or do you just really like the cover? smile.gif

updated my original post to add some pictures of my books smile.gif

Nice USM's.

thanks, took me a while to get them, luckily i didnt spend guide price on them... i may like my USMs but im not stupid smile.gif

anything special about that FF book, is it a key or something? or do you just really like the cover? smile.gif

updated my original post to add some pictures of my books smile.gif

Nice USM's.

thanks, took me a while to get them, luckily i didnt spend guide price on them... i may like my USMs but im not stupid smile.gif

Now if only you'd give them to me for free. Then we will be all set.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giftakeit.gif

That's a real nice Art Thibert DF signed Ultimate you have there Silvers24

DF is awesome. They are a trusted name in the industry and get some of the biggest names to do signings for them. Check out this DF certified book I recently won in an ebay auction (given by a partner site of DF). I posted this in another thread elsewhere on the CGC boards but I'm so proud of this book that I just have to show it off again. You can bet that this one set me back a few dollars.

Action Comics #1 reprint signed by Superman creator Jerry Siegel!

It was autographed in early 1993 at one of only a few formal signings done for Dynamic Forces. Serial Numbered and certified authentic by Dynamic Forces "The worlds leading supplier of signed comics" (COA included of course). Just to make extra sure I actually called long distance to the Dynamic Forces Inc. offices and spoke directly with the current DF President Nick Barrucci. He verified it and also said that Jerry Siegel signed limited numbers of a few other Superman issues during the early 90s. It has also been graded and slabbed by CGC so it will stay in the excellent condition that it's in. Most were sold off years ago but every once in a while you can still find some DF authenticated Jerry Siegel autographed books. They're never cheap though and I expect the prices to rise even higher in the coming months when the new Superman movie hype machine kicks into full gear.

Of course the book was slabbed years after the signing because CGC didn't even exist in 93 and Jerry Siegel died in January of 1996, so a Signature Series is forever out of the question. Currently, DF does have a partnership with CGC and they often offer books in a CGC Signature Series (if desired). When it comes to a Jerry Siegel autograph you usually just have to just hope that it's real (unless you were lucky enough to meet the legend himself). You almost never get any real authentication from a name as trusted as DF.

It just arrived yesterday and is being kept in a very safe and special place

Having a reprint of Action #1 signed by THE MAN is something I thought I'd never have. Don't get me wrong, Joe Shuster greatly deserves the co-credit that he gets as being the first artist for Superman because he did provide some important input into the costume and other aspects, but we must never forget that the idea was formed from the mind of Jerry Siegel, and that's the reason why he gets the honor of being credited first in all Superman media along with his pal Joe.

This is now my most prized comic, though the Action Comics #29 I have is really close. I have others that are worth more $ but this one is by far my favorite.

I'll never get rid of this one. This one's definitely a keeper!

Check it out.Unfortunately this is the best pic I have of it because my scanner's busted. 2006 is gonna be one heck of a year for Superman fans like myself with the new movie also on the way.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

act1980341.gif