• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC grade -TOS 66

30 posts in this topic

I don't see anything that would prevent a 9.2.

A few too many tiny stress marks for 9.4 I think.

Certainly no worse than 9.0 unless the back isn't as nice as you say.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My monitor's not too good at work, but I'd grade it 8.5 or 9.0 tops. But the fact that you want us to compare it to what CGC said suggests that their grade was either much higher or lower than that. wink.gif

No stains blotches or tanning, just a couple stresses at the top of the spine and a ripple on the overhang above the comics code.

I'll post the CGC grade tomorrow along with my grade, but I really would like to know where the 7.0/7.5 guesses are coming from - what do you see in the scan?

Here's what I see:

Apparent tanning - this can be problematic even with off-white pages; top half of FC appears "mottled" (look at blue area above Iron Man); minor spine wear and creasing also at top half; light wear at bottom corners; lower staple hole at bottom staple worn / frayed.

Here's what I can't see: Back cover, inside covers, pages.

tosus66.jpg

Hey, you wanted us to guess right? grin.gif

If by apparent tanning you mean the slightly darker edge at the very top, that's my cheap scanner - there is no tanning on this book. As to the "mottled" blue - unless you mean the pixillation (once again due to my scanner) - that's the coloring job.

CGC gave this book an 8.5 - I feel it's a 9.0 and was hoping for that grade with an outside shot at a 9.2 based on what I've seen. Probably still worth slabbing as the raw vaue of this book on ebay is minimal.