• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Results Of My Grading Comparison Test Between CGC and PGX

Do you think PGX screens tougher than CGC on post-1977 books?   

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think PGX screens tougher than CGC on post-1977 books?

47 posts in this topic

so far my experience is that PGX overgrades silver age material in the midgrade range up to the VF range. However i just won a nick fury #5 PGX 9.6 white pages on ebay --it's the first super high grade book i have bought from them --it should help me get an idea about how strict they are at the top of the grading scale!!!

So, what would be the CGC grade on this book ?

0gsx1a.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

my CGC 9.0 looks damn nice to me for the $550 i paid for it!

This would fetch a lot if it were in a CGC holder and maintained this grade. Also of note is the white pages. Anyone else ever notice how difficult this book is to find with white pages?

Yep, and yet another one.

Squarebound book graded 9.6 by PGX and came back 9.4 by CGC.

I've found square bounds are not graded all that well by PGX. But, again if you sent that book back to PGX it might come back as a 9.4 or if re-submitted to CGC it might come back as a 9.6. Also the moving from out of one holder into a mylar you may have put a tiny bit of damage that could have knocked down the grade, or maybe not. confused-smiley-013.gif

I knew I should of taken the $200 when it was offered to me. Now its worth a whopping $110 frown.gif

Funny how it works that way. It's still the same book in the same condition. Just the label/holder changed is all. crazy.gif