• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why does overstreet not have price for grades higher than 9.2???

10 posts in this topic

Their prices aren't very accurate so what makes you think they would be any better on 9.4? Rule of thumb (yea right) is 2x guide for 9.4 and 3x for 9.6 i believe. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Their prices aren't very accurate so what makes you think they would be any better on 9.4? Rule of thumb (yea right) is 2x guide for 9.4 and 3x for 9.6 i believe. Correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong, but im not going to correct you poke2.gif

Prices for grades above 9.4 can be unpredictable and vary widely from book to book. Take a cruise through the shelves of any online retailer or eBay and take notice at the prices they ask for books in CGC 9.6 and above. In the higher grades the Overstreet Price Guide is just that - a guide. At this point you'll to pay 'market price'; the current going rate for the book.

In the past (before the widespread use of the internet) demand and the prices for certain books would often vary from region to region as well. I'm not sure how much the internet has changed this.

As a tool for determining value of your collection, you're best served using an estimation like the one Pirate illustrates above.

just got my copy of overstreet today, but im kind of disappointed that it doesnt have price for comics higher than 9.2 grade... whats going on? im i missing something!? 893censored-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

It was all my idea... gossip.gif

hi.gif

Top 10 Reasons Overstreet only prices up to 9.2

10 They can't count that high

9 Nobody buys books graded that high since Ewert

8 The prices are out of date anyway

7 Their pricing research indicated there aren't enough sales to compile

6 They want to buy them all for themselves, "See, it's only $x in the price bible"

5 They're preparing for a second guide with prices for books above 9.2

4 There are plenty of options in other grades

3 They're gradually phasing in a reverse Spinal Tap effect and will only go to 9 soon

2 Because the voices in their head told them not to.

1 They don't want to support Wizard's program of selling modern's graded first program

shhhhhhh, you will get in trouble with the Overstreet police for even bringing this issue up.

Now look what you've done, arnoldma...you've done woke the baby!!!

You'll have to sing him an "overstreet is evil" lullaby before he'll go back to sleep.