• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Popular comics" aka "highgrade60s" on Ebay

20 posts in this topic

Any experience with them ?

They shipped my package to a wrong address (not the one on the Paypal's payment)... screwy.gif

In my last mail i asked for a refund or that they send me a new package....Since then, no news...

I have open a claim through Paypal to get my money back (don't know if it'll work).

If he ends up ripping you off, let me know so I can add him to my favorite sellers list.

that's actually a brilliant idea. jeez, i wish i had thought of that a long time ago

I bought some books about 2 years ago and had no problem, but i think they do large volume. Everyone makes mistakes. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure. But everyone can employ people when they are in need. If you do large volume, you need the logistics to provide a good service. 8% of their customers are not satisfied of their transaction since the last 6 months... That's a lot.

I negged them today.

And then i just got this mail:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear osborn_france,

We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following

item:

Item title: EXILES VOL 9 BUMP IN THE NIGHT TPB MINT 35% OFF

Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6565534854

Item number: 6565534854

Buyer User ID: osborn_france

Seller User ID: highgrade60s

Thank you very much. Your business is much appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah i know i paid... That was 2 months ago foreheadslap.gif

Ok, the paypal claim is closed today and Paypal said that the seller made a fault.

Paypal refund me $44,92 on the $118,53 i paid 3 months ago ("that's the best they can do" confused.gif)

So Popucomics.com still have my books and most of my money.

No answer to my mails.

What can i do now ? Any ideas ? I'm so Christo_pull_hair.gif:

Ok, the paypal claim is closed today and Paypal said that the seller made a fault.

Paypal refund me $44,92 on the $118,53 i paid 3 months ago ("that's the best they can do" confused.gif)

So Popucomics.com still have my books and most of my money.

No answer to my mails.

What can i do now ? Any ideas ? I'm so Christo_pull_hair.gif:

You can go direct to your credit card to get the remaining charges reversed as long as are still within your window of opportunity. Although PP prefers that you go through them first, it doesn't prevent you from going to your credit card. It just means that they are the ones who get stuck with the deficit if your cc reverses the charges and they can't collect the balance from the seller.

why didn't paypal refund the whole thing, did you get part of the order or something?
Probably not enough $$ left in the seller's account. PP doesn't pay stuff out of their own pocket if they don't have to. That's why the direct cc route is best if possible.

Yes, it's certainly the reason.

I'll try to contact my bank about this credit card transaction, but i think it's too late now (i paid in mid-november). Thanks for the help Greggy.

Conclusion: Paypal protect his money before ours mad.gif

They make their communication on their "buyer's protection", but it's a joke.

Yes, it's certainly the reason.

I'll try to contact my bank about this credit card transaction, but i think it's too late now (i paid in mid-november). Thanks for the help Greggy.

You have 60 days after a charge appears on your statement to dispute but it has to be in writing so contact your CC company asap for the proper forms.

JT

www.pastandpresentcomics.com

I bought some Bronze Age Captain America's from him several years back. A couple of them had undisclosed MVS trimming. Fortunately, they were not ones I needed and my LCS knew someone who wanted them regardless.

If he ends up ripping you off, let me know so I can add him to my favorite sellers list.

hi.gif Still not banned ?

hi.gif

8089.jpg

BTW, my problem with popular comics is solved, and i got a full refund.

A double happy end grin.gif