• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonah Hex # 3

15 posts in this topic

Anyone read this issue yet?

This is the best issue so far. It was perfect from cover to cover IMHO, with the art and story beautifully in sync with each other.

The inclusion of Bat Lash was just icing on the cake for me.

I recently picked up the first issue of the original 70's series and realized that the story was the same as the one in the first issue

of this new series. It was redone of course, with new art and diologue but I was wondering if the stories so far are rewrites from the

original series or was it just for the first issue only?

Either way issue 3 is a highly recommended read! thumbsup2.gif

Best issue of Hex so far, hands down. hail.gif Great series.

Loveless is decent, but it's rather hard to follow. The characters all look exactly the same and the narrative jumps scenes way too fast. I have to read it three times just to figure out who is who. You would think Frusin could vary it a bit. I get tired of seeing one guy with a beard, a cowboy hat, and a shadowy face talking to three guys with beards, cowboy hats and shadowy faces. I am giving it one more issue and then I am dropping it. Not a particularly well done comic.

I recently picked up the first issue of the original 70's series and realized that the story was the same as the one in the first issue

of this new series. It was redone of course, with new art and diologue but I was wondering if the stories so far are rewrites from the

original series or was it just for the first issue only?(thumbs up

I am so glad you said that because I thought I was going crazy when I read the first one. I think I posted somewhere that it was the same as an early Weird Western Tales but no one backed me up. I don't know why they did that--some weird homage? It will be pretty boring to me if they do more copies like that. But I'm going to reread #1 and then read #2 and #3 this weekend. Just read Batman and the Monster Men 1-3 last night--fantastic.

Marc

Best issue of Hex so far, hands down. hail.gif Great series.

Loveless is decent, but it's rather hard to follow. The characters all look exactly the same and the narrative jumps scenes way too fast. I have to read it three times just to figure out who is who. You would think Frusin could vary it a bit. I get tired of seeing one guy with a beard, a cowboy hat, and a shadowy face talking to three guys with beards, cowboy hats and shadowy faces. I am giving it one more issue and then I am dropping it. Not a particularly well done comic.

I agree. Im lost too. But I lov ethe guy with the beard... or was it the guy with the hat? or both????

It's like watching a classic Eastwood movie. Gotta love it. Although he's 2 for 2 on the whole poetic justice thing. He needs to bust a cap in somebody important to the stories every now and then. IMHO.

I looked through Jonah Hex #1 and was retelling the same story as the original Jonah Hex #1 (1977).

Are the other new issues retelling old stories? confused-smiley-013.gif

I inquired about the same thing in my initial post. I can't answer as I never read or collected the original series. Can anyone chime in as to whether or not issues 2, 3, or 4 are retellings or original stories?