• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Bonzo for Bronze Age" A Tribute to the Godfather!

37 posts in this topic

Sharp eye Chris... you noticed the typo.

I forgot to have Tom fix that during the proofing process... my bad.

After seeing it in print I was wondering how long before someone brought it up. You win the "no-prize"

For the record... There are NO 9.8 IF 15's graded yet, that should have been 9.6.

HOWEVER... I am now in the possession of a raw copy that will very likely be a 9.8 when I submit it. I bought it at Philly for around $100. Wish me luck

WOW! heros world? I remember that place!!! Used to be one in the woodbridge mall in NJ is that the one you worked at? Used to love going there! BTW my favorite candy bar from my early chilhood was none other than the marathon bar!! Where did they go Bruce? if only i could get one more marathon bar!!!

I worked at the one in the Echelon Mall in Voorhees. I also helped "build" the one in the Quaker Bridge Mall (I think that's the one).

Do you remember the red coated metal bar system that lined the walls and ceilings for display purposes? There was some dispute between the Heroes World owner's Ivan and Marc and the mall regarding the use of Union Labor to put the elaborate "bar system" together. Ivan wanted to (save serious coin) and have it done with his own staff. I was possibly obliviously in the middle of my own Soprano's moment. Anway, I guess you can figure who won that standoff with the one exception that 1 employee be able to work along the union fellas. It was a fun day, the 2 union guys were great fun and made me "boss for the day". We got the job done in 2 days. I made about $10 an hour and they probaly made $50 each.

The Marathon Bar was very good... but I just as often elected to buy a "7-Up Bar" which was a 7 different section (flavor) candybar. A new taste in every bite. I think I only ate 6 of the 7 sections, avoiding either a "peppermint" or "peanutbutter" section... i don't recall.

I'd love to have either again once before I perish, but I'm not holding my breath.

WOW! heros world? I remember that place!!! Used to be one in the woodbridge mall in NJ is that the one you worked at? Used to love going there! BTW my favorite candy bar from my early chilhood was none other than the marathon bar!! Where did they go Bruce? if only i could get one more marathon bar!!!

I worked at the one in the Echelon Mall in Voorhees. I also helped "build" the one in the Quaker Bridge Mall (I think that's the one).

Do you remember the red coated metal bar system that lined the walls and ceilings for display purposes? There was some dispute between the Heroes World owner's Ivan and Marc and the mall regarding the use of Union Labor to put the elaborate "bar system" together. Ivan wanted to (save serious coin) and have it done with his own staff. I was possibly obliviously in the middle of my own Soprano's moment. Anway, I guess you can figure who won that standoff with the one exception that 1 employee be able to work along the union fellas. It was a fun day, the 2 union guys were great fun and made me "boss for the day". We got the job done in 2 days. I made about $10 an hour and they probaly made $50 each.

The Marathon Bar was very good... but I just as often elected to buy a "7-Up Bar" which was a 7 different section (flavor) candybar. A new taste in every bite. I think I only ate 6 of the 7 sections, avoiding either a "peppermint" or "peanutbutter" section... i don't recall.

I'd love to have either again once before I perish, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah i remember the red bars! The one in woodbridge had a real funky entranceway! It's hard to describe, it kinda looked like they traced the shape of an explosion and cut that part away from the wall to make an entrance--if either of the stores you were at had it you'll know exactly what I'm talkin' about!!! Those were the days!!!

"...and even books no one else really wants like Devil Dinosaur 1 9.8."

So, I'm not the only one giving Devil Dinosaur some love. That's actually one of the titles I'm trying to get a 9.8 run of. So far only #1 and #8. I imagine people just don't submit these due to low value and lack of demand, but I keep trying to change that smile.gif

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

[*]Bad news... neither exists any longer.

[*]Good news... they are both considered 'retro candy' with some demand so they have modern-day substitutes. yay.gif

Meet Skybar [only 4 flavors] and CurlyWurly. Froogle either one and you can order some via the mail.

skybar0404.jpg

curly-wurly_small.jpg

I had completely forgotten about Marathon candy bars. I used to love those things too. laugh.gif The CurlyWurly bars are supposed to taste exactly the same as the original.