• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Bonzo for Bronze Age" A Tribute to the Godfather!

37 posts in this topic

The Marathon Bar was very good... but I just as often elected to buy a "7-Up Bar" which was a 7 different section (flavor) candybar. A new taste in every bite. I think I only ate 6 of the 7 sections, avoiding either a "peppermint" or "peanutbutter" section... i don't recall.

I'd love to have either again once before I perish, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

[*]Bad news... neither exists any longer.

[*]Good news... they are both considered 'retro candy' with some demand so they have modern-day substitutes. yay.gif

Meet Skybar [only 4 flavors] and CurlyWurly. Froogle either one and you can order some via the mail.

skybar0404.jpg

curly-wurly_small.jpg

I had completely forgotten about Marathon candy bars. I used to love those things too. laugh.gif The CurlyWurly bars are supposed to taste exactly the same as the original.

thanks buddy!!! I just orderd 30 curlywurly's from ebay! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

[*]Good news... they are both considered 'retro candy' with some demand so they have modern-day substitutes. yay.gif

Meet Skybar [only 4 flavors] and CurlyWurly. Froogle either one and you can order some via the mail.

thumbsup2.gif

OldTimeCandy.com

List of their available candy.

Link to their CurlyWurly's for sale.

Link to their Skybar's for sale.

Great stuff. Now can you guys get me some info on places in Northern California that might sell Mello Yello? I don't like it enough to pay to have it shipped, but I wouldn't mind picking up a six pack every six months.

I know it's still sold in some supermarkets in northern Indiana and is available at Bilbo's pizza in Kalamazoo, but that's about it.

Marc

P.S.--for me my comic memories are more about having Reggie bar or perhaps some very cruddy gum from the packs of baseball cards I bought with the comics.

Great stuff. Now can you guys get me some info on places in Northern California that might sell Mello Yello? I don't like it enough to pay to have it shipped, but I wouldn't mind picking up a six pack every six months.

I know it's still sold in some supermarkets in northern Indiana and is available at Bilbo's pizza in Kalamazoo, but that's about it.

Marc

P.S.--for me my comic memories are more about having Reggie bar or perhaps some very cruddy gum from the packs of baseball cards I bought with the comics.

yeah i think everybody remembers that gum! yuk!

You know where that 9.4 ended up.. Jason "Slash" You Wart!

I wanted a WW 32 9.6 more at the time. In hindsight, I should not have moved it as I found several more WW 32's... and GL 76 is still so rare in 9.4+ I may never get another. I owe you one for keeping your word and offering it to me first after all that time. Maybe payback in Philly this year? Steak House and drinks on me.

Sad thing is... I bet its now a trimmed 9.6.

This reminds me of a few things I miss today: Ho-Hos wrapped in foil, The smell of bubble gum from a fresh Topps wax pack and 4 new comics for $1. Ahh, the good ol days.

Ding Dongs just aren't the same now that they don't come wrapped in foil. frown.gif

hi.gif Thanks for reading my ramblings.

On a side note, I hope you find "the kid within" that still enjoys reading and collecting again. At the end of the day, regardless of controversy and scum like Jason "You-Wart" in the hobby… it only takes an old favorite or classic cover to reach mine… I guess I'm easy 27_laughing.gif

hi.gif Thanks for reading my ramblings.

On a side note, I hope you find "the kid within" that still enjoys reading and collecting again. At the end of the day, regardless of controversy and scum like Jason "You-Wart" in the hobby… it only takes an old favorite or classic cover to reach mine… I guess I'm easy 27_laughing.gif

stay that way!!! don't ever change!!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif