• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A picture speaks a thousand words..........!?

5 posts in this topic

Why is it that when some or many auctions occurs at E-bay that the item that they sell in which case it's a comicbook.The picture of the comicbook happens to be cropped on the edges and or spine. Their description mention it's graded at a 7.5 or 8.0 which in fact could be lower because it's true condition is covered up or in this case "cropped".

I notice that you can tell the images is not showing every corner of the comicbook.Every time I had to ask them to e-mail me a larger image to see the true condition of the book. Did some of you have come across the same situation??

confused.gifooo.gif

Com,

If the books had edges and corners to be proud of, the seller would be a fool not to show them off. There's no logical reason to crop a scan other than a) the book won't fit on the scanner --true for CGC books in a lot of cases or b) the seller has something to hide. If they're raw, there's an excellent chance it's (b). Don't bid.

No, actually in cases that I faced are the "Raw" type and I do ask for a larger scan if they are honest about it. But if they don't give me a scan that I'm comfortable to bid on then I would "run for the hill" from that auction.......lol

Unfortunately, some scanning software packages have auto-crop features that sellers don't know how to turn off. And a turn off it is...