• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ask CGC" poll...

Should the "Ask CGC" forum be removed?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "Ask CGC" forum be removed?

37 posts in this topic

Because it falls within this criteria specified in the forum main title description....

Polls of low value or irrelevant to collecting will be removed.

Voted "Yes". It's basically worthless as they answer only a minimal amount of the questions submitted. And only the most basic questions get answered. It's virtually useless.

Chris

movie_bg.jpg

DOOKU! The dark side I sense in you.

That's not true, there are several very useful questions and answers in that forum. Some recent topics in there with answers nowhere else include:

• How long should a CGC graded comic remain in the case?
  • Lady Deathstrike - 1st App Label
  • CGC position on tape
  • Painted Top Of Comics?
  • "Restorations Includes"
  • Clarification on page whiteness

This thread bums me out. Nobody would gain anything from killing that forum; there seems to be an implied "CGC sucks for not answering the tough questions!" vein to the entire idea of this thread. You'll catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar; 80% of the time, negative beratement leads to the exact opposite effect intended. In other words, CGC could easily just decide to yank the forum and clam up from now on because of this [!@#%^&^] attitude we consistently show them.

What good can come from all this negativity?

Good points, FF. Sometimes we do get a little negative. And there have been some useful posts.

I think the general concensus, though, is that CGC avoids the "tough" questions as you stated, and that is troublesome. Ask a question on a "First Appearance" of a character, and it is answered quickly. But ask why that Exiciting Comics #56 was given a blue lable after it had already been graded as a restored book, or why the writing all over the Pay Copy of Marvel #1 doesn't downgrade the book, and you don't get an answer.

Chris

(Sorry about the negativity.....all this Punisher and Namor talk has got me in a bad mood. smile.gif )

What good can come from all this negativity?

Perhaps you should view this thread in a positive light....the purpose of this thread was to perhaps demonstrate that the "Ask CGC" forum has problems that should either be addressed or the forum should be removed, as it is not living up to it's intended potential.

Although you are correct that there is some useful information...it is always at the discretion of CGC moderators and thus the answers are usually vague and lead to further questions that are never followed up in a timely manner.

How many quetions are asked that never seem to find there way into the forum?...perhaps if a poll were taken using this question you would probably find the numbers are rather large.

"Ask CGC" has no interaction whatsoever and does not advance the knowledge of this forum in a manner for which it was intended (I'm speculating here). I believe the forum should answer at the very least 1 question per week in order to make it somewhat useful in supplying answers and sparking contraversy and debate which would lead to a more enriched and informed CGC forum community.

I had aspirations that this poll would light a fire under the CGC Guru's collective butts to help the forum community by utilizing the "Ask CGC" forum to benefit people (like myself) who support their services and really would like to increase our knowledge, be it good or bad.

I'm not the first to mention this, and I won't be the last. FF has a big hard one for CGC and would protect them under any circumstances. No negativity allowed, even if (in the case of this thread) you are bringing up a meaningful point.

FF has a big hard one for CGC and would protect them under any circumstances.

And here I thought I was Keeper of the Realm and Head Priest of the Brother hood of Borock! Now is that "big hard one" a "Mad on" or a "Bad on" in X-Menese?