• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can anyone recommend a scanner?

22 posts in this topic

I've decided its about time I buy a scanner. Can anyone recommend one? I don't need anything fancy, just sufficient to scan comics and things.

my canon canoscan lide 30 cost about $80 last year matbe cheaper now. If you look at the hulk#2 thread i posted in this forum it will give you an idea of the quality of scans it does with comics-personally i like it alot!

I've decided its about time I buy a scanner. Can anyone recommend one? I don't need anything fancy, just sufficient to scan comics and things.

Do you need one that scans CGC slabs?

I just bought a new one.

My old scanner works great but doesn't scan 3D objects (like slabs).

I'll be selling the old one soon. sumo.gif

I just bought a new one.

yes i think so.

I just bought a new one.

Can it scan 4D objects?

You want to scan your naughty bits do you? poke2.gif

I just bought a new one.

what is the new one you got?

I just bought a new one.

what is the new one you got?

Just won it off eBay! acclaim.gif

Scanner!

That's my question to the seller btw! laugh.gif

He says it has all the cords and cd software.

I should get it in the mail any day now. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just bought a Canon LiDE 25 for about $40, and so far love it. Some plusses:

- Works on Macs and PCs

- Powered just from USB (no wall-wart)

- very compact and light

(these last two are important for me as I sometimes take a laptop and scanner on the road)

- decent software bundle (for image editing & ocr)

- comes with the USB cable which is important on a low end scanner since that alone could set you back $20 at some retail stores

I recently bought a Canon Pixma MP 750 All-In-One. The front covers come out great!!! The only problem I am having is with white back covers!!! They come out looking pristine!!! This has been a problem that I have been trying to solve with no luck! If anyone has a similar model, please get in touch with me to let me know what I am doing wrong.

Otherwise it is a fantastic unit! A little pricey, but well worth it as the ink replacements are cheap! I just received 40 cartridges (8 changes) for $100 shipped! Can't go wrong with that!

I used to use the Epson RX500 All-In-One and it worked like a charm. If you can still find them, they are cheap! Only around $130 brand spanking new!

John

thumbsup2.gif

I have a scanner but I have NO idea how to post pics here.

I think I need a step by step guide. Laymans terms please.

1) Scan cover into your computer.

2) Use the software that came with you scanner to save the image with these approximate settings:

High resolution: 800-1000 pixels wide, 150-200 dpi, JPG or PNG format

Low resolution: 350-500 pixels wide, 72 dpi, GIF or JPG format

3) Go to a free image hosting website, such as photobucket, tinypic or imageshack.

4) Upload the pictures according to their directions. make sure to copy & paste the urls into notepad or somewhere else where you can retrieve them

5) Add the images into your post using either UBBCode or HTML (spaces added to the tags below to prevent them from being converted

UBBCode [ img ]http://www.imagehost.com/filename.jpg[ img ]

HTML : < img src="http://www.imagehost.com/filename.jpg" >

1) Scan cover into your computer.

2) Use the software that came with you scanner to save the image with these approximate settings:

High resolution: 800-1000 pixels wide, 150-200 dpi, JPG or PNG format

Low resolution: 350-500 pixels wide, 72 dpi, GIF or JPG format

3) Go to a free image hosting website, such as photobucket, tinypic or imageshack.

4) Upload the pictures according to their directions. make sure to copy & paste the urls into notepad or somewhere else where you can retrieve them

5) Add the images into your post using either UBBCode or HTML (spaces added to the tags below to prevent them from being converted

UBBCode [ img ]http://www.imagehost.com/filename.jpg[ img ]

HTML : < img src="http://www.imagehost.com/filename.jpg" >

As soon as I figure out what all of that means, Ill give it a try. 27_laughing.gif

You know how to scan right?

The final image must be under 200KB in size for you to upload it here.

The free Photobucket limit is now 512KB.

To upload it here just make a post/reply then you'll see an option to upload an image. Click on "browse" to locate it on your desktop and upload it as an attachment.

Get a program like picasa and export it with a lower resolution size, like 800 or so. If that doesn't do it, drop the compression. That will do it. Look at image and see if it is to your liking. Otherwise, use an free image hosting site like picshome.com and add tags like so to your post:

link

That should do the trick!!!!

Get a program like picasa and export it with a lower resolution size, like 800 or so. If that doesn't do it, drop the compression. That will do it. Look at image and see if it is to your liking. Otherwise, use an free image hosting site like picshome.com and add tags like so to your post:

link

That should do the trick!!!!

Dude, you might as well have said it in Greek. Ill have to get someone around here to figure it out.

If you have a scan upload on the web somewhere to can post a link to it or the image directly using the UBB codes here.

Look to your lower right when typing in a reply. hi.gif

Instant UBB Code

URL Email Image

List Start List Item List End

Bold Italics Underline

Quote Code