• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No reserve and Buy it now items listed on ebay

21 posts in this topic

Yes it is, very fun to wakeup in the morning, sit down with a cup of coffee and read the offer that's $2000 less than what I paid for the book.

Or when I get the marketing and "What I feel it's worth" quote cause they're a dealer. I love those smile.gif.

Blazing Bob is a pompous jerk sometimes. Oh, too bad someone insulted you with an offer........ hail.gif

Oh give me a break! Do you have any idea what kind of offers you get from clueless or bored or just plain stupid people? It's really a waste of time for a seller to have to deal with it, mostly separating the serious from the absurd.

How much brains does it take to realize that an offer less than 40% of the asking price is not going to get you the book? Or put simply, any offers significantly lower than a realistic open eBay market auction result for the book. Why make an offer like that? This is the kind of cr@p that you have to deal with.

For my $10/$25/$100 esoteric books it's one thing, I mainly sell to collectors. But you have Bob with big audience $5K, $10K books up there. This raises the stakes and the flippers start to salivate and their minds concoct crazy word games to hypnotize you to hit the accept button. They put down the book and the price and the value and your business like they are doing you a favor. This isn't the comiclink system where you just get a bare number.

I didn't see Bob complaining about these offers in this thread, just pointing out their absurdity. I'm not complaining either - I've come to enjoy hitting the decline button. It's mine! You can't have it! So there! smile.gif (Actually I always answer with a poilite "Thank you!" But that's not always what I am thinking.)