• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone thought about?

45 posts in this topic

The fact that if the crack and press/clean/trim/whatever conspiracy is as rampant as there were NY Giant fans on the New Jersey Turnpike on their way home in the 3rd quarter of this weekends game, then wouldn't that mean that the high grade census is so skewed that SA/BA 9.0/9.2 and maybe even 9.4 are so rare that there are only a fraction existing because every one of them has been resubmitted for an instant upgrade to 9.4/9.6/9.8 by members of the Secret Handshake Society confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh, yeah....wouldn't want to be accused of hijacking the thread....... blush.gif

Yeah some people get really bothered by that. They try to work it into conversations even.

She was incredible in Million Dollar Baby. And ya' get Clint and Morgan for the same price of admission. Great flick.

Red

Stop maliciously hijacking this thread. makepoint.gif

Nope, haven't thought about it in the least.

Yeah, you're too busy processing why CGC books get multiples of guide. 27_laughing.gif

Well, lets see, 99+ percent of NM CGC books are really NM grade books (even if you factor in the known resubs) as opposed to 2% of the raw NM books on EBAY ( I think I am being generous here) 20% of dealers advertised raw NM books ( I think I am being extremely generous here)

Nope, not generous, just realistic gossip.gif

Million Dollar Baby is one of my all-time favorites. The casting in this movie is phenomenal, right down to the jailbird brother-in-law.

STOP HIJACKING THIS . . . er, nevermind. insane.gif

Million Dollar Baby is one of my all-time favorites. The casting in this movie is phenomenal, right down to the jailbird brother-in-law.

STOP HIJACKING THIS . . . er, nevermind. insane.gif

Four Words for you guys!

The Next Karate Kid tonofbricks.gif

But I have thought about how attractive Hillary Swank is. Look's like she is on the Market:

]hilary%20swank.jpg

I don't think she has been pressed, but I'm sure there is some restore work that has been done on her. Just looks to perfect! crazy.gif

I don't think she has been pressed, but I'm sure there is some restore work that has been done on her. Just looks to perfect! crazy.gif

Restored huh, well I guess no one on here'd be interested, move along, move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for............

I have two relevant (perhaps) comments in this topic: (the thread that is not the hijack..)

1) if you are worried that the crack'n press crowd is swelling the census, youd have to look up the actual numbers and see just exactly which comics have swelled over the past year, year and a half. Maybe their eeffect is negligible.. maybe its pretty scary.

(I personally feel that just ONE book improved by such methods is one too many, so dont read the previous as an apology or support for the practice.)

But, this next comment might be read that way:

2) As a realist, just what difference does it make that books have been grade pumped and passed CGC undetected. As we have all realized, the chances are pretty good that we all have a book or two or more sitting in blue slabs in our collections! And...welll, so what? If CGC and their grading standards remain the standard in the hobby, all comics encased in blue labels are safe...pressed or even trimmed. And if we can only 'catch' them, or find out the truth about our slabs by chancing on the comics in ther former unrestored lives...which aint that easy.....then 99% of the "fakes" will be uncaught and be sold and traded forever just the same as true unrestored books.

Unless we can stop them, that is. yeah, easier said than done.