• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comicon 2006?

246 posts in this topic

I can see how the SD and other big cons would be more important in the days before the internet and CGC. But with the options we have to buy these days, I just don't see conventions as nearly as important as they used to be in all ways but one. yay.gif FUN yay.gif. A big show like San Diego is a blast. If you are singly focused on buying comic books only, then that's all fine and dandy, but you'll be missing out. Cut loose, check out the scene, and make a vacation out of it. See some cool books that you want, then buy 'em. If not, have a great time otherwise. laugh.gif

And for those of you who are single, there are a frightening number of exceedingly gorgeous women in San Diego. gossip.gif

Not that I notice or anything.

Absolutely. Just by walking around downtown this will become very apparent.

And for those of you who are single, there are a frightening number of exceedingly gorgeous women in San Diego. gossip.gif

Not that I notice or anything.

Absolutely. Just by walking around downtown this will become very apparent.

Just try not to bump into any poles. SD women can be a bit distracting.

Not to me, of course. My wife doesn't let me date other women.

Just remembered...on Thursday I left the convention center to grab some lunch. A guy up on a balcony on 5th Ave., dressed as a hot dog, tossed me a T-shirt that read "Ask me about my weiner."

Just thought I'd share that. yeahok.gif

In case anyone was still wondering about this little bit of weirdness, this was no doubt publicity/promotion for the upcoming college comedy "Accepted," coming soon to a theater near you...

Yes, it was. Slipped into the rolled-up T-shirt was a pass for a free showing of "Accepted" that night, but I didn't make it. A co-worker asked me to bring him a T-shirt from the con, so that's the one he got.