• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a market for Millie the Model Comics?

21 posts in this topic

It's a very small one, but there are a few collectors out there. Sale price compared to guide really depends on condition and age. Are you talking about issues by Marvel from the 60's/70's, or are they older than that?

I'm a fan of them (In fact, I'm facinated by all non-super-hero Marvel silver age comics), but I would never pay more than 50% of guide at the most for low or mid-grade copies. I've bought a few high grade copies close to guide, but I wouldn't go too hog wild for higher grade books at this point unless they were discounted quite a lot. A few issues were warehouse books and are seemingly plentiful in high grade. However, it can be still be a tough title since relatively few dealers have them. That, combined with a small collector base, keeps prices down.

Hope this helps,

-Jim

The Dan DeCarlo Covers tend to do pretty well on Ebay.

I've sold a few for over guide.

I'll pay 1.5X Guide for a Millie 2.

I'll pay 2X Guide for Millie 2 . . .

And sell it to FD for 3x's 27_laughing.gif

stooges.gifstooges.gifstooges.gif

All Atlas teen humor books have a strong following, especially Millie. Properly graded mid to high grade books will sell at guide to 1.5 X guide. Lower graded books are tougher to move at guide.

I had complete runs of Millie, Patsy Walker, and all the variant titles and priced them at 1.5 X and sold through many of them quickly. I still have some left (not Millie's though) but will have to lower the price to guide to move them. They'll be for sale this summer at the Chicago show.

All Atlas teen humor books have a strong following, especially Millie. Properly graded mid to high grade books will sell at guide to 1.5 X guide. Lower graded books are tougher to move at guide.

I had complete runs of Millie, Patsy Walker, and all the variant titles and priced them at 1.5 X and sold through many of them quickly. I still have some left (not Millie's though) but will have to lower the price to guide to move them. They'll be for sale this summer at the Chicago show.

I bought a number of Gary's Millies (and a whole lot of other stuff, too) cloud9.gif Glad to get them at that price!

As was mentioned above, Decarlo Millies sell very well as do most of the pre Decarlo issues. The '60s issues are very common (many even in ultra HG due to warehouse finds) and generally are not highly sought after. Millie #1 and #2 are not commonly seen up for sale in any grade frown.gif

You sound just like an Overstreet "Market Report."

You sound just like an Overstreet "Market Report."

gossip.gif . . . gossip.gif

grin.gif

I know a couple of Marvel complete-ists who tell me they have to pay over guide for most of the 60’s ‘Teen’ titles even in VGD grades. I regret trading my few copies for 60’s Superman’s over 10 years back.

Earl.