• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Comics Done?

4 posts in this topic

I had sent Joe Nacca an email requesting info on a Showcase 73 Mint he had listed on his site for $200.00.

He responded that he was getting rid of all his comics that were worth over $100.00 in order to buy Timely's and other Golden Age books.

I don't know if anyone cares or not, but I thought I'd post it as I was taken a little aback by his response.

Joe is a smart man, and is heading towards a era without monstrous warehouse finds or dealer/collector hoards. It's a great time to sell key Silver and Bronze (at inflated prices) and use that money in a better way.

It's a great time to sell key Silver and Bronze (at inflated prices) and use that money in a better way.

99% agree. Would only exclude pre 1965 silver age key books as they IMO will continue to rise in $.

Timely & other golden age right now is underpriced compared to raw or slabbed 1966 up comics. Joe has the right idea as to converting some of his more common assets to older, more vintage comics. Another route is to pile $$ into orig. comic book artwork. 1 of a kind is the way to go IMHO. smile.gif