• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How hard is it to sell a graded slabbed comic?

4 posts in this topic

Well I can tell ya its impossible to sell a slabbed book at a yard sale, garage sale, or a flee market. Seems the average person just don't want to spend the money once the comic starts going over a buck. Selling on Ebay seems to be better, but its usually nothing to write home about. A lot of my sales ended just a little higher then what I put into the books. Unless its a key or NM issue. Then in that case ya make some $$$$$. I'm beginning to lean to not having average books not slabbed. No matter how old they are. It's just not profitable for me having them slabbed the way I see it. If the grading price were lower on average comics then I may change my mine. CGC should look into possibly having a lower fee on average grade comics. Because right now your average grade books just don't sell unless you sell at a loss. I'm finding its getting harder to sell slabbed books.

Well I can tell ya its impossible to sell a slabbed book at a yard sale, garage sale, or a flee market. Seems the average person just don't want to spend the money once the comic starts going over a buck. Selling on Ebay seems to be better, but its usually nothing to write home about. A lot of my sales ended just a little higher then what I put into the books. Unless its a key or NM issue. Then in that case ya make some $$$$$. I'm beginning to lean to not having average books not slabbed. No matter how old they are. It's just not profitable for me having them slabbed the way I see it. If the grading price were lower on average comics then I may change my mine. CGC should look into possibly having a lower fee on average grade comics. Because right now your average grade books just don't sell unless you sell at a loss. I'm finding its getting harder to sell slabbed books.

Is this one of those posts that reads the same backwards and forwards?

Is this one of those posts that reads the same backwards and forwards?

Positively palindromic! 893applaud-thumb.gif