• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restore my JLA #1 or not?

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I recently bought a raw Justice League of America #1. Many of you fine blokes were kind enough to grade this comic.

Comic Grading

Since then the bottom staple has torn loose from the book. Is this worthy of sending in to a restorer to get the spine reinforced and the cover reattached? I'm assuming it would cost about $200 to have this done (please correct me if this estimate is wrong).

Is it better to own an unrestored 2.0 reader or a restored book in one piece that won't fall further apart?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ubie X

Generally, restoration doesn't impact lower grade books as severely as higher grade examples. Someone happy with a 2.0 book most likely isn't going to freak out over a little color touch, tear seal, etc.

Since "value" won't be affected that much either way here, it's really about what makes you happy.

If reinforcement will make it safer to open the book and make it look a little better by reining in the flyaway paper by the staple, go for it.

Also, by reinforcing the popped upper staple, you will be preventing undue stress on the bottom staple. If the bottom staple is loose and in danger of tearing free itself, I would definately get it reinforced... I'd rather avoid having a completely detached cover.