• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM new HOS 92...

25 posts in this topic

Andy, not to beat this to death but does the crease in the lower right go through the whole book? It is visible (however faint) in both photos. If so, I could see leaning more towards a 7.5, just on the principle that a crease affecting the whole book (as opposed to just the front cover) might not be allowable in strict 8.0. Not quite sure.

But regardless, that is one awesome pickup. I am jealous! hail.gif

Andy, not to beat this to death but does the crease in the lower right go through the whole book? It is visible (however faint) in both photos. If so, I could see leaning more towards a 7.5, just on the principle that a crease affecting the whole book (as opposed to just the front cover) might not be allowable in strict 8.0. Not quite sure.

But regardless, that is one awesome pickup. I am jealous! hail.gif

Yep, the bend goes through the whole book. Honestly, and I hate to say it, this is a PERFECT pressing candidate. That won't ever happen though, since I won't ever be selling it. Really though, the bend is so slight I think that a few years in a tight Mylar would be enough to cure it....hopefully. tongue.gif

congrats! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif--deals like that making collecting fun!!! i would go with 7.5 because the bend runs through the whole book! But it would be a 7.5 that presents nicer than technical grade! Maybe you should place it at the bottom of a stack of comics for a year or so--that would be a natural press that definitely should not be considered resto--heck! I think most of the mile high books were pressed flat in this way! takeit.gif

i agree with Nikos, that being a DC for starters, having about 10 visible small color-breaking spine creases and what is still a visible bend that goes through the entire book, if left untreated, the book would grade no higher than a 7.0............IMHO

that bend is there and they would downgrade significantly for it..........

having said that, i agree that it looks like a 9.0 otherwise............... thumbsup2.gif

and regardless of the grade, a REAL bargain for 70% of vg/f guide........... 893whatthe.gif

I'll jump on the 8.0 bandwagon for this one, with a question does the bend go through the whole book??? Still it looks as good or better than the Surfer 1, or the Teen Titans example in the OSGG I agree, that bend could sway it lower, but the other 3 sides are so sharp, I think 8.0 is not a bad assessment. hi.gif

Oh I almost forgot to mention - Nice pick up you 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifhi.gif