• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Replacing a cracked slab...

12 posts in this topic

I've never submited a comic to CGC, but i do have one 9.8 comic that I purchased a while back. Unfortunately, it recently fell from its place of storage and there is now a horizontal crack completely across the back of the slab about 1" from the bottom. The slab is not open, and it is impossible to remove the comic, but the slab is cracked nonetheless.

I'd like to resubmit it, but as I'm not a paying member of the collector's society, it appears I have to use a third party to resubmit my comic.

Is there a suggestion on which company to go through? Do prices differ? Is the turnaround on this service as advertised on cgccomics.com (10 business days)??

Thanks for the info.

I've never submited a comic to CGC, but i do have one 9.8 comic that I purchased a while back. Unfortunately, it recently fell from its place of storage and there is now a horizontal crack completely across the back of the slab about 1" from the bottom. The slab is not open, and it is impossible to remove the comic, but the slab is cracked nonetheless.

I'd like to resubmit it, but as I'm not a paying member of the collector's society, it appears I have to use a third party to resubmit my comic.

Is there a suggestion on which company to go through? Do prices differ? Is the turnaround on this service as advertised on cgccomics.com (10 business days)??

Thanks for the info.

or, if you don't care about the time, just wait until Wizard World Philadelphia and have them do it onsite.

I agree with Russ wink.gif I don't think there's any discount through a dealer, but you can set up an account for yourself through GPA, Heritage or ComicLink - no charge, just sign-up and fill out the reholder invoice online. grin.gif

I agree with Russ wink.gif I don't think there's any discount through a dealer, but you can set up an account for yourself through GPA, Heritage or ComicLink - no charge, just sign-up and fill out the reholder invoice online. grin.gif

Two times we agree in a week.... the sky really is falling. smile.gif

Another question.

Would I be able to send in one slab for the 'reholder' service, and two modern books for certification in the same package?

Also, is the turnaround for the 'modern' service really 20 business days?

I do believe you could, but you would have to have seperate forms for them. Right now their guarantee is 15 business days. I would go for it smile.gif

Yet another question smile.gif

I've printed out my two invoices from comiclink.com. Before printing, I got an alert telling me to include three copies of each invoice with my package. Is this correct? i couldn't find any corroborating statements on CGC's website.

Yet another question smile.gif

I've printed out my two invoices from comiclink.com. Before printing, I got an alert telling me to include three copies of each invoice with my package. Is this correct? i couldn't find any corroborating statements on CGC's website.

Yes that is correct. grin.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

:sigh:...one more question.

I was getting ready to pack my cracked slab, and realized that most of the back half of the slab is separated from the front half. My first thought was that I'd have to now send it in for a recertification instead of just a new holder. However, when I went to remove the comic from the slab, I noticed that the comic and CGC label are sealed inside a secondary sleeve, which is still intact.

So, am i correct in assuming that as long as this inner sleeve is intact, that I can still send it in for a new holder and not a recertification?

thanks for the help. This is my first time dealing with CGC and the last thing I want is to wait a few weeks to have my comic sent back to me untouched.

Thanks for the info.

the book is telling you to let me out, let me out. 893whatthe.gif