• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was going to ASK CGC, but I came here instead.....

5 posts in this topic

Is there any way to check the CGC census for variant books other than price variants? Is it possible to find out how many "Double-covers" there are, or how many books have been graded that have the Mark Jewelers insert, Newsstand vs. Direct etc.....?

You actually cannot even check price variants effectively. I have seen a dozen or so books without the '30 cent price variant' noted on the label and therefore probably not on the census.

As far as the census goes, I would like to see CGC adding further search crtieria. It would also be good to see a page quality notation added.

It would also be good to see a page quality notation added.

I see no reason why CGC can't include PQ in the census. If they can enter the grade, they should be able to note the color of the pages.

Do you mean in the census or in the Cert Number lookup? Because if you put it in the census that would expand the size of the data presented since they would have to add another parameter. I think it would make the census very unwieldy.

Now, if they let you run simple queries on their census database and include Page Quality as a parameter, then that would be nice (I think).