• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bryce Dallas Howard to play Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man 3

49 posts in this topic

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22217

Guess Who Is About To Walk Into Peter Parker's Life Now!!!! SPIDER-MAN 3 News!

Hey True Believers, Harry Knowles here with some Marvel news to really marvel about. Now, it might be backwards as hell... how Sam Raimi's done this, but he seems intent on doing it. Sam is gonna bring the most beloved character in the history of SPIDER-MAN into the cinematic fold. That's right. As rumors of the second coming of the Green Goblin mount... From screen right enters... GWEN STACY!!

When Avi Arad called me this morning to discuss the HULK sequel - he let slip that he was intent on calling me today anyway to drop this megabomb of coolnews. He knew that I would friggin love this like no tomorrow! For me, Gwen Stacy is the very embodiment of YOUNG LOVE. She is that teenage girl that dreamt of all those tomorrows that she'd never live. She was the damsel that wasn't saved. Right when Spidey was getting cocky about web-slinging and soul-saving... he lost another. This one, within his own soul. For serious comics fans, the Gwen Stacy story is sacred text. It is, along with the coming of Galactus - the single greatest Superhero arc of the Silver Age. And it was the exact opposite of that story. FF 48, 49 and 50 were about the story cosmic, this was about the story intimate.

As of about an hour ago, the contract was signed. Sam Raimi and Avi Arad have their sweetheart. They've cast young Bryce Howard, yes, Ron Howard's daughter - the one playing the title character in M Night's next film. Bryce is just about the hottest young emerging talent out there right now - and she is, like her father once was, a redhead... but like Ron - she's going b... no, not bald, but BLONDE - hopefully Platinum Blonde for the role of Gwen Stacy. Avi wouldn't tell me if Bryce was signed for one or two pictures. But the key for me was always Gwen's eyes. She had amazing, captivating grey-blue newsprint eyes. Here's the photo Avi sent me, with the note, "Of course she will be blonde..."

gwenstacy.jpg

The Grading Bastiche says .....8.5. You know, she is going to look like Opie when she gets a little older!!!!

Who cares about older..

I just need her for a fews days now1

So who decided this was OK. It totally doesn't go with the storyline If they were going to do this then she should have been in the 1st movie and died then. So much for staying true to the story.

yes, let's question raimi's judgement. he's failed us miserably the first two outings. (sarcasm alert)

IMO if the story is good (unlike the Hulk) and the acting is good (unlike the Hulk) it does not need to follow the exact story line from the books....#1 and #2 were well done so there's no reason to belive this flick'd suck gossip.gif

Now i gotta grade my #121 headbang.gif

I like Sam Raimi He is a great director. The first 2 spider-man movies were great and his work on the evil dead series and darkman was great but this is just out of order. I don't know why a director as smart and talented as Sam Raimi would put things out of sequence.

The Grading Bastiche says .....8.5. You know, she is going to look like Opie when she gets a little older!!!!

"Going to"... ? She looks like Opie in drag right now. Besides, she looks like a total psycho. If she showed up at my house I wouldn't slab her, I'd stab her with a knife.

"Going to"... ? She looks like Opie in drag right now. Besides, she looks like a total psycho. If she showed up at my house I wouldn't slab her, I'd stab her with a knife.

Good point. thumbsup2.gif

Um, are you saying you don't think she's attractive? I can't quite tell from such a vague post.

I like Sam Raimi He is a great director. The first 2 spider-man movies were great and his work on the evil dead series and darkman was great but this is just out of order. I don't know why a director as smart and talented as Sam Raimi would put things out of sequence.

Probably because the didn't use the idea in the first two films (who would have thunk that these films would have been so huge), and realized that they need to cash in on it asap. I'm sure in hindsight they would have done it differently, but i guess i'd rather have them tie it in now, then several sequals later. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW, they could've cast someone better....

The storyline has been altered a tad,but if memory serves me,Peter didn't meet Gwen until college(where he is now) and MJ was around during high school(were he was in the first movie),even though he didn't actually SEE MJ until later.As far as reality goes ,I always thought that it would have been very difficult for Peter to be unaware of a little tush muffin like MJ be-bopping around the "hood".I think I can remain open minded about it.GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif