• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel # 1 Pay Copy - A JP-The-Mint Tale

48 posts in this topic

http://comics.heritagegalleries.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=819&Lot_No=2403

Did not JP The Mint buy this for $350K? And was he not asking $1Million?

Why cant this book even make $175K (The Reserve)

------ but the Mile High Flash # 1 sold - BRAVO !!!!!!!!!

http://comics.heritagegalleries.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=819&Lot_No=2174

He overpaid Geppi and [The million] was just hype!

A great coin investor yes. A comic investor,well you tell me.

What really surprised me was that the # 2 in 9.0 didn't sell. But then, if you look at the back cover spine, you can see the 9.0 grade might have granted due in large part to the Golden Age curve.

Not only will Parrino lose big on the Marvel 1 pay copy,but he also took a bath on th Mile high Flash 1, He bought that book for 350k also and it sold for 273.k

You might as well face it Marvel 1 guys.Im not picking on you at all,but honestly the only copy of Marvel Comics #1 that has the legs to go over 200k is Verzels copy[the Mile HIGH COPY] assuming there is no color touch.Did J.S ever own this book?

What really surprised me was that the # 2 in 9.0 didn't sell. But then, if you look at the back cover spine, you can see the 9.0 grade might have granted due in large part to the Golden Age curve.

That's because this particular book was a resub and fomerly a 7.5 that sold for $13,800 three years ago. Anyone spending this kind of $$$ on books you'd think has done their homework on it. I'm guessing that's the case here. The only way to stop the resub game is for the market to stop rewarding sellers who engage in this practice. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Not only will Parrino lose big on the Marvel 1 pay copy,but he also took a bath on th Mile high Flash 1, He bought that book for 350k also and it sold for 273.k

You might as well face it Marvel 1 guys.Im not picking on you at all,but honestly the only copy of Marvel Comics #1 that has the legs to go over 200k is Verzels copy[the Mile HIGH COPY] assuming there is no color touch.Did J.S ever own this book?

Let's not forget about Filter's 9.0 copy, its bascially worth about $200,000. In my mind trying to unload all these high grade GA books in back to back auctions was a mistake. Maybe it was necessary but there are just too many other books available to distract potential buyers.

That's because this particular book was a resub and fomerly a 7.5 that sold for $13,800 three years ago. Anyone spending this kind of $$$ on books you'd think has done their homework on it. I'm guessing that's the case here. The only way to stop the resub game is for the market to stop rewarding sellers who engage in this practice. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If that is true that would explain why it didn't sell. frown.gif

Only the Mile High and Allentown can break the 200k Barrier.I am sure of that.

I think the 9.0 you refer to will come short of the figure every time.The Marvel 1 needs the support of a pedigree status or it has to be a 9.2 non pedigree to break 200k.The collecting community seems to be saying that this book is a distant 3rd to Action 1 and Detective 27

Only the Mile High and Allentown can break the 200k Barrier.I am sure of that.

I think the 9.0 you refer to will come short of the figure every time.The Marvel 1 needs the support of a pedigree status or it has to be a 9.2 non pedigree to break 200k.The collecting community seems to be saying that this book is a distant 3rd to Action 1 and Detective 27

I guess we will never know until the best copies come to market but certainly the Action #1 is secure at the top spot. While I understand the importance of the Pay Copy I'd much rather have or pay for a "clean" copy in my collection. If the Pay Copy or Filter's purchase was an actual October print I think they would command a heck of lot more.