• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me do my Speech!!!! On investing in Comics

34 posts in this topic

Or what, can someone fill me in? sorry for starting some mean old flame war

You may want to look over the Golden age forum again. There is a wealth of substantive information there for some good topics. gossip.gif

About the Great Crash? I would guess 99% of those discussions took place in the General Forum.

Gene, you forgot one:

9. Because past performance is ALWAYS a predictor of future performance. takeit.gif

Good point! And, this one too:

10. Because the Forbes 400 list of richest individuals is just chock full of people who made their fortune investing in the comic market, while you would be hard pressed to find anyone who made any real money in stocks, bonds, real estate, entrepreneurial businesses, venture capital or any of those fuddy-duddy non-comic investment classes. hail.gif

Now, I know you guys are thinking, "There goes Gene again, being all super-bullish as usual", but you just gotta trust me on this one! You have to jump on board this raging bull before any coin dealers discover this hobby and flood the market with crazy coin collector money, or before Warren Buffett and those billion plus Chinese people that I mentioned above discover this untapped gold mine. You won't regret it! yay.gif

1. Comics might give your life meaning in a way that stocks can't, so if the comics go down in value, you have really lost nothing. The comic is still worth something to you.

2. You may already know a lot about comics but know nothing about stocks.

Hello, I have to give a very short speech tommaro on why you should invest in comics.

You could make this speech so short it could comprise of only two words... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or one word: Don't. 27_laughing.gif.. Seriously, if you are trying to collect just purely as an investment then you're wasting your time. Probably, if it was 1992 you could do it and make some mad cash due to the speculation boom then but not now. Stick with something safer...like Day trading. lol!

given the posts this guy's had in the past, the subject of same, and the pattern of "post, get advice, ignore, post again," i just can't shake the feeling that Mr. 29 here is a shill trying very hard to disguise himself

Hello, I have to give a very short speech tommaro on why you should invest in comics. I am going to talk about the Metropolis Index-in overstreet price guide. And basically explain that most sought after Silver and Gold age comics go up in value over time. Some quesitons that you maybe able to help me with.

1. Why might a person invest in Comics, rather than the Stock market?

Because he's a fool...

2. What prevents the comics market from crashing, and why will comic values continue to go up over time?

First people with silly money to spend and not enough good advise to abstain. Second, comics will go move up and down before having a major correction downward in the short term.

Jim

Because they're f%$king stupid.

2. What prevents the comics market from crashing, and why will comic values continue to go up over time?

The comic market is crashing and it is not a given that prices will continue to go up over time.

3. Any other useful info or graphs you could send me would be greatly appriciated!!

DON'T INVEST IN COMICS!

5. Because there are over a billion Chinese people who have yet to discover the American comic market. If every Chinese person bought just 1 CGC slab per year, just imagine what that would do to comic prices. And this is practically guaranteed to happen since the Chinese have always shown a propensity to throw crazy money at periodicals written in a language they can't read, on the $25/week salary they make at the local widget factory.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif hilarious 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Because unlike the Stock Market, you can get lucky and buy some nice comics cheap at a local garage sale , they can only go up in value from the quarter you paid for them?

Neverending Fanboy speculation?

3. Any other useful info or graphs you could send me would be greatly appriciated!!

Buy cheap, sell high.. seems to work well in either market.

That is about the extent of my knowledge on this subject.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

given the posts this guy's had in the past, the subject of same, and the pattern of "post, get advice, ignore, post again," i just can't shake the feeling that Mr. 29 here is a shill trying very hard to disguise himself

hail.gif

hail.gif

Okay, I admit I don't know much about Comics, but I"m trying to learn and this is a very good way of doing it. I try and reply as much as possible to the things that I have knowledge about.