• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash 1 for $273,125.00

29 posts in this topic

Wow, over a quarter million. How many books have sold for over $250,000 ? I suspect we are just looking at Action #1, Marvel #1 and Detective #27. Is this the first book other then the big 3 to break 250K?

I am pretty sure a CGC 9.6 copr of captain america comics fetched $265,000 a couple years back! I think it was the allentown pedigree copy. At the time it was a record.

That is correct. At least that's the price reported in Overstreet, so take it with a big grain of salt whether it represented a real cash price.

considering it was a pedigreed 9.6 it's very possible plus i don't think that book had a dust shadow like the flash 1 did!

Wow, over a quarter million. How many books have sold for over $250,000 ? I suspect we are just looking at Action #1, Marvel #1 and Detective #27. Is this the first book other then the big 3 to break 250K?

I am pretty sure a CGC 9.6 copr of captain america comics fetched $265,000 a couple years back! I think it was the allentown pedigree copy. At the time it was a record.

That is correct. At least that's the price reported in Overstreet, so take it with a big grain of salt whether it represented a real cash price.

considering it was a pedigreed 9.6 it's very possible plus i don't think that book had a dust shadow like the flash 1 did!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's definitely worth that, particularly when you consider the Kansas City copy (9.0) just went for $97K on Heritage. It's just that I tend to look skeptically at some of the bigger prices reported in Overstreet for GA books because they're often just BSDs trading amongst themselves (for example, the MH Whiz #2 that was reported as a record price but was primarily just a trade deal between Geppi and Anderson).

Verzyl traded the MH copy to Geppi in exchange so it was at least a partial trade deal.

And are there instances of a reported 'sale' which are really just back-scratching between two bigshot dealers/collectors without any actual exchange of $$$$$?

You mean like almost every headline sale reported in Overstreet? 27_laughing.gif

You mean like when Heritage sells a book......to Heritage? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Verzyl traded the MH copy to Geppi in exchange so it was at least a partial trade deal.

So now Verzyl has the AT Captain America #1 and Geppi has the MH copy? Interesting. Cool, I learned something new today! thumbsup2.gif

Do you know if the MH copy has been slabbed?

So now Verzyl has the AT Captain America #1 and Geppi has the MH copy? Interesting. Cool, I learned something new today! thumbsup2.gif

Cap 1?

Captain America Comics #1 Mile High pedigree (Timely, 1941) CGC Apparent VF/NM 9.0 Slight (P) Off-white pages....

Cap 1?

Captain America Comics #1 Mile High pedigree (Timely, 1941) CGC Apparent VF/NM 9.0 Slight (P) Off-white pages....

confused-smiley-013.gif Adam, what do you have to say for yourself?

Cap 1?

Not sure why I need to say anything. Veryzl traded MH Cap to Geppi. Fishler is big enough to do deals with Geppi and does so from time-to-time. He sells to Cage, Cage consigns to Heritage.

My memory of the trade could be incorrect and I don't mind it if someone provides facts. My recollection is that it was announced in some form (Scoop? or CBG or?) and I thought that Veryzl had probably done better in the deal because of the grade on the Allentown and the fact that the MH was touched. Fishler's the guy that clear this up or someone could provide a reference to an original announcement around the deal.

Cap 1?

Not sure why I need to say anything. Veryzl traded MH Cap to Geppi. Fishler is big enough to do deals with Geppi and does so from time-to-time. He sells to Cage, Cage consigns to Heritage.

My memory of the trade could be incorrect and I don't mind it if someone provides facts. My recollection is that it was announced in some form (Scoop? or CBG or?) and I thought that Veryzl had probably done better in the deal because of the grade on the Allentown and the fact that the MH was touched. Fishler's the guy that clear this up or someone could provide a reference to an original announcement around the deal.

news.gif Actually Verzyl never owned the MH copy of CA #1. He knew it was restored so never wanted it. He had the Denver copy for the longest time and sold that and aquired the Allentown copy.

West