• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 15 cgc 4.5 OW pages moderate amateur restoration

4 posts in this topic

Hi

What do you guys think the market value on this book would be? Resto includes tear seals on cover, reinforced, re-glossed, staples replaced, right edge trimmed. The resto was not disclosed prior to sale (I bought this book about 5-10 years ago) at a comic shop in Queens, NY (I forget the name of the shop) Obviously I didn't know what I was doing when I purchased this book and have since chosen to educate myself and only to buy slabs of silver and modern that were not slabbed by Ewart.

Thanks to everyone that posts on these boards. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif I have learned a lot in a short time and have saved myself some money in the process (especially by not bidding on the Tales to Astonish # 98 9.6 (Ewart book))

$200-300 sounds like a good guess. I'd go a bit lower myself, say $180-240 b/c of the trimming.

Buyers will be a bit wary because the book is trimmed and there's moderate resto (actually, it sounds "extensive" to me but what do I know!), but any sharp-looking early Superman should find a buyer somewhere around 2.0-3.0 unrestored prices I would think. Got a pic?