• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which moderns to slab?

18 posts in this topic

assuming one was in the mood to slab and sell uber high grade moderns (cgc definition), which books would you suggest beside the obvious GS X-Men #1 and taking into consideration one has already slabbed ASM #300 (9.9) and Wolverine mini #1 (9.9) and doesn't own an Albedo #2 or Gobbledygook #1 or #2. thanks.

assuming one was in the mood to slab and sell uber high grade moderns (cgc definition), which books would you suggest beside the obvious GS X-Men #1 and taking into consideration one has already slabbed ASM #300 (9.9) and Wolverine mini #1 (9.9) and doesn't own an Albedo #2 or Gobbledygook #1 or #2. thanks.

Ask Darth he would know more about this than any other human should, or would ever want to know. poke2.gif

Moderns can go all the way back to 1975 so there are plenty to choose from.

X-Men #94

X-Men #100,101,141,142,244,248,266 etc...

Daredevil #158,168,181

Iron Fist #14 (pretty sure this is a modern)

ASM #252,300, any good looking bronze age from 1975-1979 if high enough.

There certainly are many more to choose from.

Are you saying you have already sent in an ASM #300 and Wolverine #1 mini and gotten back 9.9's?

I would suggest the rare ones like Spawn #1, X-Men #1 2nd series, and Wolverine the End #1. devil.gif

What was the print run on #181? It seems pretty common because I rarely have comic duplicates and I think that I have 4 of them all in VF+ or better....

It was pretty huge, but there still seems to be a very high demand for the book. As long as demand outweighs supply, you have a winner. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Moderns can go all the way back to 1975 so there are plenty to choose from.

X-Men #94

X-Men #100,101,141,142,244,248,266 etc...

Daredevil #158,168,181

Iron Fist #14 (pretty sure this is a modern)

ASM #252,300, any good looking bronze age from 1975-1979 if high enough.

There certainly are many more to choose from.

Are you saying you have already sent in an ASM #300 and Wolverine #1 mini and gotten back 9.9's?

thanks russ. yes, flipped the asm 300 and wolvie 1 w/in minutes of getting them back- couldn't resist 1500x what i paid for them.

x-men 266...I just sold a 9.8 for 240.00 last week...starting bid was $100.00. Good strategy: must be worth more than the price of having it slabbed. I learned that the hard way. I've got 3 books for sale now for only .99 that I had slabbed. Why I slabbed a Doctor strange #68, Detective Comics 598, or 598 is beyond me.

I still have two to three copies of each that would likely earn 9.8's from the CGC Gods if I had them slabbed.