• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What ever happened to

10 posts in this topic

I went to NYC for a show of his at the Columbus Centre in March 1996. When I arrived at the door I was told that the show had been cancelled at the last minute for reasons that one can only speculate on.

Needless to say I wasn't particularly pleased. In the end (and after standing around in the bitter cold for a couple of hours outside the venue) Mike Carbonaro told everyone present that there would be a substitute one day show at a church about two blocks away. And that show, more or less, is still going today.

That was the last that the Convention circuit saw of Greenberg, who was the only American promoter to organize a U.S. style show in England (Alexandra Palace, 1992). He also used to do shows at the NY Javits Center...

I went to NYC for a show of his at the Columbus Centre in March 1996. When I arrived at the door I was told that the show had been cancelled at the last minute for reasons that one can only speculate on.

Needless to say I wasn't particularly pleased. In the end (and after standing around in the bitter cold for a couple of hours outside the venue) Mike Carbonaro told everyone present that there would be a substitute one day show at a church about two blocks away. And that show, more or less, is still going today.

That was the last that the Convention circuit saw of Greenberg, who was the only American promoter to organize a U.S. style show in England (Alexandra Palace, 1992). He also used to do shows at the NY Javits Center...

When is the next London mart?

Actually Fred did try to continue running shows after the Colliseum cancellation. He was running one day shows which put him in competition with Big Apple. He did do a makeup show of the 3 day cancelled show that basically went no where. Eventually Fred's shows dwindled to be no more overrun by the Big Apple juggernaut.

After Fred's show got cancelled Big Apple was born and started running shows. Fred continued to try and run shows but could never really get back to where he was before the cancellation since Big Apple basically became the new promoter in town.

Bottom line:

Fred had a chip on his shoulder and somebody knocked it off.