• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay comic art auction

16 posts in this topic

Anyone else get all those emails form the profiles in history comic book art auction going on over the next 2 weeks? About 4 pages of great stuff - many covers and most of the great ones in cluding Kirby, Starlin, Adams, Ditko, McFarlane. Was very impressed with the range of works - covered about 40 years. Some pricey stuff though - may be able to afford one cover piece. Most stuff was in the $3000 to $10 k range but had some panel pages under $500.

Hi,

This is Joe Maddalena's and Tom Horvitz's first foray into comic art auctioning, although I think Tom was involved with Sotheby's a while back. Both are trustworthy guys and I think the sale will do very well, as much of the art has not been seen before and was in private collections. I encourage everyone to give them a shot.

Best,

Where can one see a listing of what's up for sale? Is there a website or can somebody post the e-mail that's been circulating?

Gene

As we all know I am functionally illiterate on computer stuff so no idea how to do a link. But their site is profilesinhistory.com - hopefully that will work! They seem to sell a lot of historical docs and hollywood memorobilia.

As we all know I am functionally illiterate on computer stuff so no idea how to do a link.

Geez...if greggy can do it...you should be able too.... 893whatthe.gif

Come on Robby, I know you can do it! Hell, I had to learn most of the UBB commands by myself! shocked.gif

You're a brainiac so it should be a breeze! 893frustrated.gif

Looking over the McFarlane pages he has for sale, I realize I have at least a 2-3 thousand dollar piece of original McFarlane art in my possesion (bought directly from McFarlane at his first Los Angeles signing at the Shrine convention hall/center for only $220.00).

I own page 11 from McFarlane's Spider-Man 4 (bought it because it had Calypso, Spidey, and The Lizard on it). It is signed (not personalized) and professionally framed and matted (with the comic to the left of the art, and the page carefully cut out of another issue of S-M 4 below). Just wanted to brag, seeing as how this is an original art thread grin.gifsmile.gif

Just wanted to add, for those who are going...a McFarlane piece is worth bragging about??, fair enough, but it is a prize piece in my super-small collection of fairly cheap original art pages.

Lets see if this works...

Edited to add: Hey...it worked.

The attachment is of the pride and joy of my original artwork collection...my Todd McFarlane signed page of Spider-Man issue 4 (I think it is either page 11 or 14).

170163-origartone.jpg.3950e2e4d80e2c5e4fb0c641e0737019.jpg

I should scan in some of my cheapo art pages just for fun, I think some members of the forum might get a kick out of seeing these pages (and forum members will correct me if I am wrong). I have an unframed Savage Sword of Conan page, a New Mutants page, a page from Punisher when they turned him "black" laugh.gif, a framed double page spread from Jim Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy, and a framed page of the artwork from the first issue of the first Aliens VS Predator mini-series (not a particularly special/sexy/hot page, as it does not even show a predator or alien on it...but is still the first page of a comic, so it holds a special place in collection--not to mention it being a gift from my father).

This will take time though, as I have to snap some digital pics of these pieces first.

Regards

Christopher H