• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Dealer Review #1 - Metropolis Comics

84 posts in this topic

Not replying to Timely or Metro so hijacking Bachelor's popcorn to say...

Is this an ego trip between you two? One thing I really despise is hearing this type of point/counterpoint with over-familiar references as if we all are privvy to exactly what is going on. THIS kind of thing you take to PM - otherwise be very clear, very concise and explain the minutae so we all can really understand what you all are posturing about.

Eat my shorts, fool...........is that clear enough for you? blush.gif

So what finally got YOU out of the Water Cooler, YaYa (or is it Po?)

Steve,

This thread was set up by some other individual to ask our opinions about you and your company. I told them my thoughts on your discount policy and you get all offended and in my face bringing up things that were well enough left alone.

I have scans proving the defects were not there, eye witnesses and previous owners stating this as factual and true, as well as USPS tracking information showing an almost 2 month gap between the time I sent it and the time I received it back.

What have you got? Too much time on your hands, I'd say.

Perhaps the guy you hired to wrap and unwrap your packages damaged it and was afraid to tell you, I do not know. All I know is what I sent, what I received back and how long it took.

Your theory of me trying to cheat you is an ill-conceived one. If I were out to cheat someone on a book it would not be you. I would not select you as a target. If I wanted to cheat someone else on the book I would have simply taken the book back and sold it to some other guy on ebay. But that did not happen, I took the financial loss.

You really need to think these things through before you type the first thing that comes to mind.

Are we putting this unfortunate episode behind us or not?

Timely

I have scans proving the defects were not there, eye witnesses and previous owners stating this as factual and true, as well as USPS tracking information showing an almost 2 month gap between the time I sent it and the time I received it back.

By all means, please forward all of the above to me. You have the address. Can't imagine why this wasn't provided to me at the time.

I am starting to think this is all a publicity stunt! Yeah! That's the ticket!

PS - how much will you discount your Cap America 75's? (Yeah - I should take this to PM but since the feud is raging still public thought I'd ask.)

It was provided for you at San Diego last year, you were a no-show.

Why didn't you just e-mail the before and after scan to show your case as soon as you noticed the new damage? That's what I would of done. These kind of things need to be solved quickly.

But anyway, it seems Steve DID recieve his money back so he shouldn't be too angry. Of course thats just my two cents 893blahblah.gif

It was provided for you at San Diego last year, you were a no-show

Do you mean last year's San Diego con? The same show that Vincent told you I would not be attending at least two weeks before the show? Why would you bring the xerox for me to a show you were told I would not be at?

And no, West would not take the book back. After legal threats, I did get a partial refund.

rantpost.gif

Steve was ranting from the word go about demanding his refund no matter what I had to say about it. He is arrogant. Listening to me was beneath him, and as you all can see, things have not changed much for him. Pitty.

I am finished here. This soap opera ends..now!

Timely

This is a great thread how did I ever miss it the first time around. popcorn.gif

Yeah, and they never got around to rating other GA online selling sites.

It's fun for me to see check out some of the old posters who had a pretty respectable post count but haven't posted since 2003. And checking out some of those other posters led me to a few fun old threads like How to Conduct Proper Deal Negotiations with Forum Members and Anyone got $750,000 to spare? and FFB's Mid-life crisis. (I could've lived without reading the line about not caring about Smurfette only being six inches tall...)

Marc