• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Dealer Review #1 - Metropolis Comics

84 posts in this topic

Interesting read!

For many long-time collectors in the know, this is a common falling out that usually occurs behind the scenes (we have seen other examples on this Board, of course) between Metropolis and _______________ (fill in the blank with name of reputable collector or dealer here).

On a personal note, Timely used to live very close to me and I feel lucky to have shared some wonderful comic book experiences with him. He is the model of integrity and possesses a true passion for the hobby.

Indeed, it was when Timely moved away and joined their staff that I (who was an outspoken anti-CGC critic at the time) took a second look at their company, and I'm glad I did. Though I do crack all my comics to read and enjoy, I have come to rely on CGC for their professional assessment of GA books (restoration check, page quality, grade, etc.).

All I can say is that CGC is very fortunate to have a quality individual like Timely on board (thumbs u